Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles offer targeted?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Double miles offer targeted?

Soon to be Mrs Chriscross received an e-mail yesterday about double points in eco-extra and business until feb 2009? Any other who has received this? I only got the standard newsletter
Old Oct 31, 2008, 2:27 am

I was offered 18 000 extra points for 6 flight in Eco Extra or Business by end of Feb 09. Seems everyone received different offers in Norway, would be interesting to know what criteria they based this on.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:05 am

Programs: Various
It seems like individual offers. Probably based on travel patterns and thought to make the traveller use business or eco extra more than usual.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:56 am

As I mentioned in the lounge thread Mrs. HELFlyer and I both received offers of 2000 extra points for next flights. Not great, but if given a choice between Finnair and Blue1, I might choose Blue1 as they´re offering 100% miles right now as well.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 5:38 am

Programs: SK *G
Lots of discussion on this in a Norwegian forum. Seems like a wide variety of targeted offers have been sent out. This ranges from nothing (no offer at all) to 100% extra points for all eco-extra/business travel - time limited until end of Feb 2009.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by SpotOn
Lots of discussion on this in a Norwegian forum. Seems like a wide variety of targeted offers have been sent out. This ranges from nothing (no offer at all) to 100% extra points for all eco-extra/business travel - time limited until end of Feb 2009.
I can confirm this. As EBG I have not recieved any offer yet.

/HerrO
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: SAS *G
SKG x3 with some months to end of year and no extra incentives - i guess the downside of travelling?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by mwh7199
SKG x3 with some months to end of year and no extra incentives - i guess the downside of travelling?
I have also been Gold for 3 years and have done lot of C and Y trips so I understand Mats very vel, why should SK offer me double miles since I travel with SK after all.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:01 pm

Programs: EBG
I got an offer on 8000 extra points if I fly 8 biz class flights within Feb 28.

That is not gonna happen! Why pay Biz tickets on intrascandinavian flights wich I mostly use?

And I am a bit pissed off as others have got offers on double points on all flights they make in eco extra and biz for the same period.

Has also been discussed in the Scanair forum:
http://forum.scanair.no/showthread.php?t=38192 (in Norwegian)

BFN
Old Oct 31, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
It seems like individual offers. Probably based on travel patterns and thought to make the traveller use business or eco extra more than usual.
Can`t be that as I haven`t had a paid ticket on SAS since December 2006.
And as of November 1st I am an back to EBB.
That is of course if SK has checked my United Airlines 1K status with over 500K miles on it and trying to persuade me back on their flights,,,,,,,,,,yeah right!
Old Nov 2, 2008, 3:07 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Hi

That explains it. A friend of mine got the 18000 point offer and he is EBS and I am EBG and got no offer
Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:45 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
I got an offer on 8000 extra points if I fly 8 biz class flights within Feb 28.

That is not gonna happen! Why pay Biz tickets on intrascandinavian flights wich I mostly use?
because C has slightly better inventory, it is a qualifying segment, it gives lounge access (but you don't care since you are EBG), 10 kg extra luggage allowance and gives 200% points for 50 DKK more by regard to Y in case of CPH ARN CPH on my corporate prices... it is worth the money IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.