FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Double miles offer targeted? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/883554-double-miles-offer-targeted.html)

Chriscross Oct 31, 2008 2:09 am

Double miles offer targeted?

Soon to be Mrs Chriscross received an e-mail yesterday about double points in eco-extra and business until feb 2009? Any other who has received this? I only got the standard newsletter:(

view Oct 31, 2008 2:27 am

I was offered 18 000 extra points for 6 flight in Eco Extra or Business by end of Feb 09. Seems everyone received different offers in Norway, would be interesting to know what criteria they based this on.

Fredrik74 Oct 31, 2008 3:05 am

It seems like individual offers. Probably based on travel patterns and thought to make the traveller use business or eco extra more than usual.

Helsinki Flyer Oct 31, 2008 3:56 am

As I mentioned in the lounge thread Mrs. HELFlyer and I both received offers of 2000 extra points for next flights. Not great, but if given a choice between Finnair and Blue1, I might choose Blue1 as they´re offering 100% miles right now as well.

SpotOn Oct 31, 2008 5:38 am

Lots of discussion on this in a Norwegian forum. Seems like a wide variety of targeted offers have been sent out. This ranges from nothing (no offer at all) to 100% extra points for all eco-extra/business travel - time limited until end of Feb 2009.

herro Oct 31, 2008 6:31 am

Originally Posted by SpotOn (Post 10606363)
Lots of discussion on this in a Norwegian forum. Seems like a wide variety of targeted offers have been sent out. This ranges from nothing (no offer at all) to 100% extra points for all eco-extra/business travel - time limited until end of Feb 2009.

I can confirm this. As EBG I have not recieved any offer yet.

/HerrO

mwh7199 Oct 31, 2008 11:45 am

SKG x3 with some months to end of year and no extra incentives - i guess the downside of travelling?

OSLflyer Oct 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by mwh7199 (Post 10608212)
SKG x3 with some months to end of year and no extra incentives - i guess the downside of travelling?

I have also been Gold for 3 years and have done lot of C and Y trips so I understand Mats very vel, why should SK offer me double miles since I travel with SK after all.

BizflyerNorway Oct 31, 2008 3:01 pm

I got an offer on 8000 extra points if I fly 8 biz class flights within Feb 28.

That is not gonna happen! Why pay Biz tickets on intrascandinavian flights wich I mostly use?

And I am a bit pissed off as others have got offers on double points on all flights they make in eco extra and biz for the same period.

Has also been discussed in the Scanair forum:
http://forum.scanair.no/showthread.php?t=38192 (in Norwegian)

BFN:mad:

Tor Viking Oct 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Fredrik74 (Post 10606059)
It seems like individual offers. Probably based on travel patterns and thought to make the traveller use business or eco extra more than usual.

Can`t be that as I haven`t had a paid ticket on SAS since December 2006.
And as of November 1st I am an back to EBB.
That is of course if SK has checked my United Airlines 1K status with over 500K miles on it and trying to persuade me back on their flights,,,,,,,,,,yeah right!:td:

gardkarlsen Nov 2, 2008 3:07 am

Hi

That explains it. A friend of mine got the 18000 point offer and he is EBS and I am EBG and got no offer :(

ranskis Nov 2, 2008 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway (Post 10609310)
I got an offer on 8000 extra points if I fly 8 biz class flights within Feb 28.

That is not gonna happen! Why pay Biz tickets on intrascandinavian flights wich I mostly use?

because C has slightly better inventory, it is a qualifying segment, it gives lounge access (but you don't care since you are EBG), 10 kg extra luggage allowance and gives 200% points for 50 DKK more by regard to Y in case of CPH ARN CPH on my corporate prices... it is worth the money IMO.