Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

3hrs to kill at CPH, plus OLCI question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

Am booked on an award ticket LHR-CPH-SEA on the 1st October with Mrs Globalste.

We land in CPH at 12:30 and do not fly out until 15:50. Any ideas about how best to kill the time? Am thinking sitting in the lounge will be extremely boring...

Also, we are confirmed in row 1 for all flights. If we do not online check in, and instead checkin at the airport, does this mean we might lose our row 1 seats??
Old Sep 23, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Technically you have time to make a brief city centre visit as it's only 12 minutes by train from the airport, but I doubt it's hardly worth it with only three hours between flights, you'll get about an hour in the city centre perhaps (of course that also depends on how well you know Copenhagen).

If staying at the airport there are plenty of shops and restaurants in the transit hall if you fancy some shopping.

Otherwise the lounge really isn't too bad, it's definitely one of the better lounges if you have three hours you need to kill.
There are TVs, plenty of newspapers and magazines, internet computers etc.

Regarding the seats you will keep them even if you don't check in online.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Regarding seating on LHR-CPH, if you are travelling together (and it is MD80 operated flight) I´d recommend D&F seat, middle seat is blocked. Row 1 has non movable armrest (with the tray table inside) I prefer row 2 or 3, were you also are allowed to store bags etc under your seat. As for lounge I think SK lounge is your best bet.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 12:57 am

Programs: EBD
If the weather behaves, I suggest you take the Metro to Nørreport. It's very quick and reliable and runs every 5 minuts or so.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Cheers guys, been a while since i flew this route! Am already booked on the right hand side of the MD80 as i figured the seatblocking was still practice on these aircraft.

Have got 1AB on the A340 and 1GH coming back. I know some people say the curvature of the aircraft makes it a bit smaller, but Mrs Globalste is only small so she can have the window seat! Plus, the furthest i have made it on the A340 is to row 3, i just like the idea of no one having to walk past me.

Will have a google on Nørreport - cheers for the ideas!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:47 am

Red face

You can always ask for one of the bedrooms for the two of you in the CPH lounge...
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

You have the best seats in the house on the 340 in my book.

As for CPH, 3 hours is not that bad. I usually go at get some Danish hot dogs and shop for a while. So if you shop for an hour, hang out by the fire place in the lounge with some wine, beer or cocktails, it's time to get to the gate

Have a great trip
Old Sep 26, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by globalste
Will have a google on Nørreport - cheers for the ideas!
Get off at Kongens Nytorv, one stop before Nørreport, and then you are right in the middle of the city center. Both Metro lines run through Kongens Nytorv from the airport.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:41 am
Original Poster

thanks for all the replies guys.

Mrs Globalste seems to like the idea of the shopping/drinking idea as mentioned above! This is always bad for my wallet...

Will make sure i post a trip report when i get back and put some pics up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.