Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fare class code listings?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2003, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

fare class code listings?

Is there a list of what all the fare codes mean on SAS? Is there a posting similar to ozstamps' list for United fare codes?:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/014576.html

I'd like to know which of these are First, E+ and which are E-:
A3 C9 D9 J5 Y5 S4 B3 M3 H3 Q2 V1 W1 K0 G2

SAS had a separate rate on the phone for E+, so I am guessing there is a code for it there?

I've searched around but couldn't find much of a list. If anyone can point me in the right place, I'd appreciate it.

-Jason
Old Nov 16, 2003, 11:13 pm

A= Eurosleeper Business
C,D,J=Business
Y=Economy extra
Rest is economy

I am not sure about S anymore though
Old Nov 17, 2003, 10:32 am

S is also economy.

Please note that economy extra is only available on SK transcontinental flights.

I-Award business
X-Award economy
L-Also economy
Old Nov 17, 2003, 11:37 am
Original Poster

This flight shows all those open seats, however the seat maps for both first and coach say there are no available seats to pre-reserve and you will be assigned one at check in. Then if you try to ticket it, it tells you that the flight had sold out since your search. But if you search again it comes up and shows the availability in all those buckets. Very strange. I already had my ticket, I was just wanting to see how full the flight was.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

I found this table on SAS's website:
http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...253DUS,00.html

thanks for the better descriptions though.

Codes Seating

A Business sleeper

C, D, I and J Business class, exept on domestic flights with one
service only

Y Economy extra

B, G, H, K, L, M, O,
Q, T, V and Z Economy class
Old Nov 17, 2003, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone explain what they are thinking here? Here is availability checked twice for the same flight.

Checked 11/16:

Checked 11/17:
A3 C9 D9 J9 Y9 S9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 K9 G9

Looking at the seatmap, it looks like the list from 11/16 is about correct. Why would they change to what seems to be unlimited overbooking policy a few days before the flight?
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:35 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Many airlines do this a few days before departure - 9 is the highest figue you'll find in Galileo (AFAIK). For you and me, it means the flight is pretty full - they've withdrawn the visibility of remaining fare classes.

This means the yield managers are micro-managing the last sales, to see if they can squeeze people in on full-fares, rather than discounted fares.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 4:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I have noticed them pull the plug and set all classes to 9 some two days before departure inspite of the filght being completely booked.

My two cent guess is that SK allows as much overbooking as possible and rather risk issuing DNB Vouchers before they miss good customers who are paying a good fare. Natural selection happens at the gate... mostly for the benefit of the passengers, since many don't mind a bump voucher.

Regards Oliver
Old Nov 19, 2003, 6:36 am
Original Poster

A couple of questions on SAS bumps, so I can decide if I should put myself on the VDB list or not.

If this is a once a day service, will they accommodate you on another airline? Or you stuck waiting until the next day?

I am crediting the miles to United Mileage Plus, if my routing is changed, will it be possible to get credit for my original routing? This year, with flights booked through the end of the year, I am only 10 miles over elite status. If the route were to change to a less mileage route, I would not make my status for next year. Unless it works like a United bump, where you can simply give mileage plus a call and get credit for the original route.

Is anyone familiar with the way this operates?

Thanks for any input.

Regards,
Jason
Old Nov 19, 2003, 7:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SK has changed their bump compensation rules, so nowadays you get paid compensation based on the distance you fly and not the delay you had. SK will accomodate you on an alternative *A routing or with other carriers if there is no space anywhere.

You will always get the miles you paid for. First they will credit you with the new routing, but if you complain, they will credit the miles as per your original ticketing.

Regards Oliver
Old Nov 19, 2003, 8:31 am

Programs: UA *G MM
You don't specify where you are flying but I suspect IAD-CPH.

If you get bumped at IAD then you will fly UA or LH with 99% certainty. Then you will earn more *A miles. In the summer they might send you up to EWR for the midnight flight.

I know someone who got an involuntary reroute to Turkish airlines instead of LH but still got her UA miles for the original routing. Maybe it's different if it's voluntary vs. involuntary....
Old Nov 19, 2003, 8:49 am

Another possibility is that they changed from the 767 to the Airbus. Have you checked into that? This must be one of the last days of the 767. I saw Svea Viking LN-RCF (I think, she was quite far from the moon buggy) out at IAD about 1 week ago.

That's highly unusual to suddenly make the flight all 9s.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 9:50 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gnaget:
You don't specify where you are flying but I suspect IAD-CPH. </font>
Yeah IAD-CPH-AMS. My return is on the A340, but checkmytrip.com still shows the 767 for the outbound.

Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by oliver2002:
You will always get the miles you paid for. First they will credit you with the new routing, but if you complain, they will credit the miles as per your original ticketing.</font>
Who do you complain to in this case? MP or SAS?

(edited to finish my sentance, submit on accident)

[This message has been edited by jasons2e (edited Nov 19, 2003).]
Old Nov 19, 2003, 11:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jasons2e:
[B] Who do you complain to in this case? MP or SAS?
[B]</font>
MP. You would of course be rerouted on UA 946 and earn fewer miles. It departs at 18:15, which works perfectly if you get bumped from the SK flight. Make sure that you submit evidence that your ticket was originally IAD-CPH-AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.