Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New upgrading rules and points needed from Asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New upgrading rules and points needed from Asia

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2003, 3:43 am

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Austman:

It's the first time I've seen business class very empty.
</font>

How many people ? and was Y and Y+ full ???

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">

It's a mess and it's really about time EuroBonus changed the whole method.

The good things about the paper coupons are that they can extend expiring points by one year (if it's upgrades you want) and that you can sometimes wait to see if you get an operation upgrade before having to hand them over.

But overall IMHO the upgrade process sucks.
</font>

Yes it is very difficult to decide if changes of this old paper system will be good or bad . It is very nice with last minute OP upgrades, and then if not, here goes the coupons..
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:14 pm

There was some debate a while ago about whether an upgrade from Y to Y+ from Europe to US/Asia is 10k or 20k points, so I can now confirm that the answer is... both.

So I write to EB Member Service and request an upgrade coupon for 10k. Service writes back, says coupon is in the mail and that'll be 20k please... I reply and point out that
this (note the market=SG bit) says 10k, member service replies with "Oops" and I get my coupon for 10k after all.

So evidently the answer depends on where you're buying your tickets from? Can't say I'm too surprised, as EB do the same thing for their award points and even qualification thresholds as well, but a little annoying just the same.

[This message has been edited by jpatokal (edited 10-07-2003).]

[This message has been edited by jpatokal (edited 10-07-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Upgrading on all SAS longhaul routes is now the same:

From economy to economy-extra: 10,000
From economy to business: 30,000
From economy-extra to business: 20,000

On the BKK-SIN sector:
From economy to economy-extra: 5,000
From economy to business: 10,000 **
From economy-extra to business: 5,000

The confusion was perhaps on a SIN-CPH ticket. It should be the same as other longhauls (ie 10,000/30,000/20,000).

** This is bad news and is a 100% increase over the old level!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.