Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK Gold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2002, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

SK Gold

How long does SK gold last for? and are there any amazing benefits that SK gold has over other programs?
Old Sep 8, 2002, 8:35 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG

Star Alliance comparison chart 2002

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum82/HTML/000664.html
Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:29 am

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
kawoh, Here is MHO about eurobonus gold:

What is the up's and unique features about Eurobonus Elite level Gold :
1. The possibility to earn basic points by hotelstays.(easier to reach gold)
2. Last minute award tickets.
3. No cancelation fee for award tickets
4. Hotel stay for points
5. Very nice Gold lounges..

And what are the down's.
1. No extra points when flying (LH 25% extra)
2. No extra reward for points over the qualification needed amount (LH upgrade certificate every 50.000 miles)
3. No access to airline lounge when flying with another airline (KL always access)
4. Expensive awards
5. No award points upgrade at gate (only preordered coupons)
6. No partner award discount(LH 50% off)
7. Hotel guarantee within 48 hours is a scam (yes we have space, but it will be in the 3.000 dollars president suite)
8. Never seat available in coach for award flights on populaer routes .
9. Only 12 months membership when qualifying for gold (some star* airlines 24-36 months membership

edited for KlM error..

[This message has been edited by The-Longhauler (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Sep 9, 2002, 2:38 am

KL used to pay the taxes on award tickets but I heard they dont do that anymore. Can anyone confirm?

No partner award discount?
SAS has often two for one in business class in combination with another special offer.

Expensive awards?
It all depends on where you fly. You could fly within Scandinavia for only 12K when all other Star program requires alot more(40k?).
Old Sep 9, 2002, 3:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
KL used to pay the taxes on award tickets but I heard they dont do that anymore. Can anyone confirm?</font>
You are right they stopped this ..

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">No partner award discount?
SAS has often two for one in business class in combination with another special offer.[/B]</font>
LH offers this to all of their flights and routes, SAS sometimes offer this to a few selected flights if you buy something else ..

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Expensive awards?
It all depends on where you fly. You could fly within Scandinavia for only 12K when all other Star program requires alot more(40k?).[/B]</font>
They do of course have an advantage on the homemarket.. (but one could argue that LH offers SMART awards to 20K and in some cases you will earn close to double miles on flights eg. CPH-FRA 600 SK miles, LH 1000 miles economy ... )

Old Sep 9, 2002, 5:00 am

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The-Longhauler:
2. Last minute award tickets.
B]</font>

Do you mean "Last minute award tickets" for Air-travel??

I (EBG) have ALWAYS been told that you have to book MINIMUM 7 days in advance.

For hotel-stay - it might be a different story.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 5:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Norway_Asia:

Do you mean "Last minute award tickets" for Air-travel??

I (EBG) have ALWAYS been told that you have to book MINIMUM 7 days in advance.
</font>
In this aspect they have always been very flexible and great to me. I have booked 1 hour before departure on one occation..

Old Sep 9, 2002, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know which *A carrier programs offer their *A gold status for longer than 12 months upon qualification? IE - RG, UA, etc? I know LH is 24-36 months...
Old Sep 9, 2002, 5:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kawoh:
Does anyone know which *A carrier programs offer their *A gold status for longer than 12 months upon qualification? IE - RG, UA, etc? I know LH is 24-36 months...</font>

I think TG 24 months...
You are so lucky kawoh to be an australian based, so you can pick a Gold Card after choice, I think you should pick LH !!! Good luck

Old Sep 9, 2002, 6:21 am
AHO

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The-Longhauler:

I think TG 24 months...
You are so lucky kawoh to be an australian based, so you can pick a Gold Card after choice, I think you should pick LH !!! Good luck
</font>
And NH's Super Flyer Card...

It does remain *G status as long as you pay anual fee(for credit card)

A NH FFP member who has qualiied Diamond or Platinum level, has possibility to join this service.

http://svc.ana.co.jp/amc_e/index.html
Old Sep 9, 2002, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
</font>
This may be true in theory but not in practise. Last I upgraded using miles they asked at the gate if I had coupons or if I wanted them to take the miles out of my account over the phone.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:34 pm

</font>
Actually that's not true. At a recent flight to Beijing I was offered the option to upgrade at the gate for 30000 points, along with a lot of other people. I'm not even Gold.

/RasmusDK
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RasmusDK:
Actually that's not true.
/RasmusDK[/B]</font>
Don't you think it is true ? They have had this policy in many years .Right now they are testing online system at some destinations, but no official policy yet..

[This message has been edited by The-Longhauler (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 10, 2002, 1:06 pm

The upgrading at gate has started at CPH and last week also at ARN, especially at the SK903 ARN-EWR. It is not official yet but SK offer anyone with points to upgrade themselves without ordering coupons in advance. You sign a paper that is filed for the future and they deduct the points the same day.

About 7 days advance, it is different in different countries. Norway now has 7 days for all member while Sweden for example makes exemption for goldmembers until departure. This will be same as in Norway very soon they told me.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 1:10 pm

About the lenght of SK GOLD, it is different. When you get the goldcard you will have it for the rest of your 12-month qualificationperiod and the next one + 3 extra months.

So you could actually get it for 27 months if you buy a Year-card the first day of your qual-period sinec year-card gives you Goldcard direct.

The shortest time your Gold-card will be valid is then 15 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.