Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Mileage Run

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2000, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
SAS Mileage Run

As I recall, certain SAS "flights" to Malmo and other locations near Copenhagen weren't flights at all. They were boat rides. I am wondering if any of these "flights" still exist and whether they count as a segment on SAS. If they do, one could conceivably spend several days going back and forth on these boat rides and amass enough segments to make 1K on United or some other status on other Star Alliance airlines, including SAS. For those of you more familiar, please fill me in. Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2000, 5:07 pm

PremEx 2000
The boat was terminated a few months ago. Why? Because of the new bridge to Copenhagen which open 6 months ago. Now you can take the train over with a SK flightnumber but you wont earn any segments(though you will still earn EuroBonus points,).The train is also avaible on LH flight number but I am not sure if you will earn any LH Miles and More miles for it. If you just took the boat it cost big $, if you had it included in a flight it was almost free.
Old Nov 21, 2000, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why wouldn't you earn UA M+ segments?

I seem to recall that there were also some SK "flights" that are really buses as well. Would those be possible, for a segment run?

And, aren't they're some LH flights that are trains and/or buses?
Old Nov 22, 2000, 6:42 am

The train isnt operating by SAS. You can only get a SK flight number on the train if you have a real flight involved as well. If you just book the train you will not be able to get any SK flight number on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.