Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more priotity tags for EBGs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:36 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by nick5000
The *G card / priority tag makes my luggage come first together with first- and business class baggage on domestic air china and shanghai airlines flights in china. They have a seperator that says FIRST, BUSINESS AND Gold Card. And it seems to work every time.
Things seem to get better and better in China, and worse everywhere else
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:13 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
I just phoned Sv. Eurobonus to get some new luggage labels as my old ones got bent out of shape on the last trip to India.

The lady on the phone told me that SAS had stopped having the EBG labels and the only thing I could get was the paper ones at the airport.

She did promise to go and look in the stock room to see if they did have any left, and if so, she will send them to me.

Looks like another "perk" has now gone from Eurobonus!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Ozziebob
I just phoned Sv. Eurobonus to get some new luggage labels as my old ones got bent out of shape on the last trip to India.

The lady on the phone told me that SAS had stopped having the EBG labels and the only thing I could get was the paper ones at the airport.

She did promise to go and look in the stock room to see if they did have any left, and if so, she will send them to me.

Looks like another "perk" has now gone from Eurobonus!
That's just wrong. I received two a month ago. Call up again and ask someone else
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by erwiol
That's just wrong. I received two a month ago. Call up again and ask someone else
I will wait and see if anything turns up in my post box tomorrow, otherwise I will call the Business Hot Line in CPH. They usually help a little more that the Kiruna staff.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Just got two new ones a week ago together with my diners club private card, so they still got them
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: *S(SK EBS), Marriott Platinum Elite
I just qualified for EBG one week ago, and yesterday I got both my Dinersclub card and my Mastercard. Together with the Mastercard was two nice shiny EBG luggage tags, so I dont know why they are saying that those does not exist anymore when they clearly do.
I am even surprised with the speed they sent out the new cards since I landed from the flight which made me EBG on saturday, and yesterday I got both the new cards already. It went just as fast with my EBS cards 4 weeks ago when I got those
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziebob
I will wait and see if anything turns up in my post box tomorrow, otherwise I will call the Business Hot Line in CPH. They usually help a little more that the Kiruna staff.
Well, nothing turned up today, so it will be a call to the hot line. What a shame that not all staff know the basics of Eurobonus
Old Aug 16, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: EBG, UA, HHonors, SPG, IC
EBG Luggage tags and "priority" stickers

PRIORITY STICKERS

I hardly ever bring anything else than my carryon when I fly between Nordic cities, but in the past three months it has happen a few times. All airports (CPH, ARD, OSL, GOT) put those orange "priority" tags on when I checked in my luggage at the Gold or BusinessClass counter.

LUGGAGE TAGS

After I received my two tags I sent an email to the EB/customer svc. asking for four more so I would have matching tags when i fly long-haul, they arrived within a week.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by S*Flyer
LUGGAGE TAGS

After I received my two tags I sent an email to the EB/customer svc. asking for four more so I would have matching tags when i fly long-haul, they arrived within a week.
Decided to do that myself as well. Sent a mail this morning, and got confirmation 1 hour later that a few more luggage tags were in the mail on its way to me Thank you very much
Old Aug 19, 2008, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Gunner
Decided to do that myself as well. Sent a mail this morning, and got confirmation 1 hour later that a few more luggage tags were in the mail on its way to me Thank you very much
I just tried the same.. sent an email, got an answer back within an hour that they will be sent. Will see when I get back home if they have arrived. Thanks to Inga-Lill Persson at Eurobonus Sweden.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:36 am

So, sent my email at 10.05 or so on the 18th. Got a reply back at 10.50 that they would send me some extra tags. Yesterday at 10.30, I got the mail at home with 4 new luggage tags, talk about fast service
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:58 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by tommy777
All,

I just got an e-mail thread between an EBG member and Eurobonus. The member asked at the airport if he could get a Priority tag for his flight from OSL to EWR and was refused.

He then e-mailed member service and got this very surprising answer:

Priority tag er noe man får på baggasjen når man reiser på business klasse og ikke pga at man har EBG-kort.De fordelene man har som EBG gjelder ekstra vekt og eventuelt sportutstyr som man kan ta med kosnadsfritt.

On his reply he got this follow up answer:

Det hender at man får dette fordi man jo har business class check in men som alltid må man også lese det som står lengst ned på siden og da refererer jeg til tar alliance siden du sendte:

Status level benefits vary among frequent flyer programmes."

Så dette er altså ikke en inkludert fordel i EuroBonusprogrammet.

English summary: Priority luggage tags are not a perk you receive as EBG

Has any EBGs had any problems like this lately??

Any comments?

If the priority tag system works anything like BA, then dont use it because your bags are ~75% greater chance to come off the belt last at your destination.

On a seperate note though, when i used to fly intercontinental with SAS i always asked for priority tagged luggage out of the USA and they did it. Although, they also used to do a few other things that they shouldnt have, particularly when checking in at a US domestic to take you to the international hub.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: EBG, UA, HHonors, SPG, IC
tags

It is great to see that customersvc are sending you guys the EBG tags after your email. Now if only they could be consistent on 999 other things...

About the priority tags, I got them yesterday out of CPH, this morning out of Turku i Finland that was on Blue1, and again this evening out of ARN flying SAS again. Not that it made my bag arrive any faster or earlier for that matter.

To me it is not really the point of "am I entitled to or not" but when you fly frequent it is nice to know exactly what you can expect of service level, i.e. my latest peeve is the inconsistency of amenities in the Scandinavian Lounges, some keep for instance a single use razor some dont... It is details I know, but just like peanuts when there are enough you got a whole bag!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: AC *G; TG *G
it will depend on the baggage handling airport, some extremely respect priority luggages (most of the asia airport), some just......
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:50 am

Programs: SK*G, FBS, FB Petroleum Club, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Priority tags and seat change

Flew BGO - KRS yesterday and my baggage was tagged with the normal baggage tags with the priority print you always seem to get when checking in as EBG (not extra priority tags). In KRS my bag arrived as number 1.

I was traveling with my GF (non-EB) and she was given a seat quite far away. At baggage drop I asked about the possibility to get two seats next to eachother and was told that the flight was full and that it was not possible, so I should just ask the guy sitting next to me on the plane if it was OK to move.

I talked to the staff member at the gate and she moved my GF into the seat next to me up front.

I guess all in all this is well done by SAS, but I wonder why staff at baggage drop off said it was not possible...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.