FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   No more priotity tags for EBGs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/821567-no-more-priotity-tags-ebgs.html)

tommy777 May 8, 08 8:38 am

No more priotity tags for EBGs

All,

I just got an e-mail thread between an EBG member and Eurobonus. The member asked at the airport if he could get a Priority tag for his flight from OSL to EWR and was refused.

He then e-mailed member service and got this very surprising answer:

Priority tag er noe man får på baggasjen når man reiser på business klasse og ikke pga at man har EBG-kort.De fordelene man har som EBG gjelder ekstra vekt og eventuelt sportutstyr som man kan ta med kosnadsfritt.

On his reply he got this follow up answer:

Det hender at man får dette fordi man jo har business class check in men som alltid må man også lese det som står lengst ned på siden og da refererer jeg til tar alliance siden du sendte:

Status level benefits vary among frequent flyer programmes."

Så dette er altså ikke en inkludert fordel i EuroBonusprogrammet.

English summary: Priority luggage tags are not a perk you receive as EBG

Has any EBGs had any problems like this lately??

Any comments?

esv May 8, 08 9:26 am

Funny... in the Swedish and Norwegian web pages priority luggage is not mentioned among official EBG benefits what I can see, but in the Danish web pages it is:

Fordele

* Prioriteret bagageservice
The international pages at flysas.com refer to a "Priority Bag" whatever that means...

So it's an official benefit in DK but not in SE and NO :confused:? This would be insane, but it would also be just typical SAS...

oliver2002 May 8, 08 9:57 am

*A prio tag is a *G priviledge. Not that the tag ever did anything...

ksu May 8, 08 11:19 am

Strange. I got one at KSU Wednesday last week, and at IAD two days ago.

SK_RSJ May 8, 08 11:34 am

As Oliver2002 points out, Priority Baggage is one of the official alliance wide *G benefits regardless of Frequent Flyer-programme (same as lounge access for instance). I guess even SQ has to comply with this one. ;)

*A webpage with *G benefits

A bit sad to see SK move in the direction to more and more isolate itself from *A with many benefits lately being for SK*G only as opposed to *G.

Question: Do they mean they will not tag baggage for any *G or is this to compensate for the extra benefits you get as SK*G and this benefit will only apply to other FFP-members?

I also doesn´t think it has anything to do with Business Class-check in. Economy Class check-in should put a Priority Tag for *G as well.

tommy777 May 8, 08 11:39 am

The agent who actually replied to the member who sent me the e-mail was shown the Star webpage by the member. He referred to the last sentence when he said it was not a EBG perk:

Status level benefits vary among frequent flyer programmes. :rolleyes:

I have already taken this up with SAS, but not gotten a response. I suspect (hope) the EB rep made a huge mistake and that Priority tags is of course still an EBG perk

SK_RSJ May 8, 08 11:42 am

I mean, think about the consequenses when the SAS CI-agent will have to put a Priority Tag for a M&M/SEN-member travelling on a SK flight in M-class but will have to refuse it to the next in line who is a EB-member.

Why has this come up? Do the airlines actually pay the airports for this service based upon the number of tagged bags?

jacob_m May 8, 08 12:19 pm

I don't think this is true. It's an official Star Alliance rule and it would be just ridiculous if it was available for all *G but EBG.

I got priority tags at both ARN and LHR last week without having to ask for it.

Upon arrival at LHR my bag was actually the second bag on the belt and that was after arriving on a completely full flight that got delayed because there was so much luggage to load.
When it works it's really pure heaven! ^

tommy777 May 8, 08 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jacob_m (Post 9695483)
I don't think this is true.

It's true, the agent was very clear in his e-mail and there was 4 e-mails where he confirmed that Priority luggage is not an EBG perk.

But I'm positive he just made a huge mistake, it has been a perk for EBGs and *G forever..

miikka May 8, 08 1:49 pm

Nice, what else? Maybe EBG members shouldn't be allowed to fly with SAS? :D How low can they go with their service? This cannot be simple mistake because that has been a benefit so many years, I could understand if this would involve something new but not this kind of old benefit.

Wilbur12 May 8, 08 2:19 pm

I've noticed that "Priority" is now printed on the bagtag itself in big black letters.
I wonder how that works ? Is it sorted separatley when scanned ? I can't imagine bag handlers noticing this.

SASDC8 May 8, 08 2:59 pm

I got the understanding from SK that they were supposed to offer better service to their most important customers, and their web page at lest still consider EBG`s as "our most important customers" :rolleyes:

But then again, while traveling with SK the priority tag, at least at OSL, has never worked for me so...

jacob_m May 8, 08 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Wilbur12 (Post 9696130)
I've noticed that "Priority" is now printed on the bagtag itself in big black letters.
I wonder how that works ? Is it sorted separatley when scanned ? I can't imagine bag handlers noticing this.

Lufthansa has done this for several years, if you have a valid *G card in the reservation they will automatically print "priority" on the baggage tag.
However they always attach the regular priority tag as well as it's so much easier to notice.

dogsknob May 9, 08 8:52 am

Those tags are a joke anyway. I've never experienced or seen any priority tagged luggage appearing on the belt any earlier than non-tagged bags.

I normally request to not have my bags priority tagged, just to avoid setting any expectations that it should be prioritised.

miikka May 9, 08 10:01 am

Originally Posted by dogsknob (Post 9699819)
Those tags are a joke anyway. I've never experienced or seen any priority tagged luggage appearing on the belt any earlier than non-tagged bags.

There are airports and Star Alliance airlines where those work really well. And then there are airports and airlines where those don't work at all. SAS hasn't been so good on implementing that but I still like to have them when I know that I will be flying with a Star Alliance airline, which actually values Star Alliance Gold passengers.