Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EBG / Sixt Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
EBG / Sixt Platinum?

I noticed some mixed information:

- Earlier it was reported here that EBG/EBS are entitled to receive Sixt Gold card, EBP is entitled to receive Sixt Platinum
- EBG Car rental benefits page reports that EBG is entitled to receive Sixt Platinum
- EBS Car rental benefits page reports that EBS is entitled to receive Sixt Gold
- SAS Sales Info reports that EBG/EBS are entitled to receive Sixt Gold
- Sixt Card page reports that EBS is entitled for Sixt Gold card but doesn't tell anything about EBG

So what level of Sixt cards the EBG is entitled to receive?

Last edited by miikka; Jan 26, 2008 at 3:32 am
Old Jan 26, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
With little digging you can find this page (click on "frequent flyers")

http://www.sixt.com/main/common/all/...rd.php?lang=en

I would trust Sixt own site more than SAS :). You can even request platinum card directly from that page.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Xevus
You can even request platinum card directly from that page.
Thanks! Platinum card on its way
Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:46 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Sixt is actually quite ok, atleast if you rent cars in Germany. Upgrades are good, often into very sporty German cars.

Tried Sixt in Oslo once... well, stay away. Upgrade as Platinum? Nah, didn't hear about that. Anyways they are handled by National, and at OSL they only have Astras and Vectras. Astra is ok, but well... it ain't an Audi TT.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by larsll
Sixt is actually quite ok, atleast if you rent cars in Germany. Upgrades are good, often into very sporty German cars.
That is the idea, I am looking for that only for Germany. In other areas I think I will trust on Hertz.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:36 am

I wouldn't mind to get my hands on a Porsche 911 somewhere close to Nürburgring
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I wouldn't mind to get my hands on a Porsche 911 somewhere close to Nürburgring
Elite Rent is the answer for your wish.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by miikka
Elite Rent is the answer for your wish.
Nice cars but a bit expensive! I read in the swedish edition of Auto Motor & Sport that it's possible to rent a 911 at Sixt for about 2500 SEK per day including insurance - they got a total of about 4500 SEK ($700) including the flight to Koeln/Bonn, lunch and two laps at the Ring.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
Nice cars but a bit expensive! I read in the swedish edition of Auto Motor & Sport that it's possible to rent a 911 at Sixt for about 2500 SEK per day including insurance - they got a total of about 4500 SEK ($700) including the flight to Koeln/Bonn, lunch and two laps at the Ring.
Sixt has 911s?? Hmmm ... I thought that they have only bigger BMWs and Mercedes but I never thought that they would have Porches.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by miikka
Sixt has 911s?? Hmmm ... I thought that they have only bigger BMWs and Mercedes but I never thought that they would have Porches.
I think that was a few years back. Avis Germany has Porsche 911 also avail. as convertible and Porsche Cayenne (no need to take that thing for a spin on the race tracks )
Heres the link (germab only): http://www.avis.de/FahrzeugeundServi...unCars/Porsche

You need an Amex Plat or at least 1 Amex and 1 Diners Card to secure rental with.

Hope that helps!!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by SwissCircle
I think that was a few years back. Avis Germany has Porsche 911 also avail. as convertible and Porsche Cayenne (no need to take that thing for a spin on the race tracks )
Heres the link (germab only): http://www.avis.de/FahrzeugeundServi...unCars/Porsche
Perfect! Anyone up for a annual Ring-DO? We could stay at some local Gaststätte in the Eifel mountains and celebrate our track records with german beer and sausage dinner
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Hmm, I think it's funny that I'm entitled to Sixt Platinum and Hertz Gold without even having a driver's license.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
Hmm, I think it's funny that I'm entitled to Sixt Platinum and Hertz Gold without even having a driver's license.

In reality you aren't entitled ... SAS basically just says that you're entitled to the status but they are not highlighting that of course you need to pass the rental company's requirements and their requirements require you to hold a valid driver's license before they you can approve the membership. In practice I think they do not actually check your license before the first rental but ... true ... kind of funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.