SAS Stockholm Lounge at ARN T4

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
SAS Stockholm Lounge at ARN T4

Just saw this little message on the SAS Sales info page:

Vi fräschar upp SAS Stockholm Lounge
I sommar sker renoveringar i Stockholm lounge (inrikesloungen) på Terminal 4 på Arlanda. Därför kommer den att vara helt stängd under veckorna 28-31. Vi hälsar loungegästerna välkomna tillbaka vecka 32 igen!

In English it says that the SAS domestic lounge at Stockholm Arlanda terminal 4 will be closed four weeks this summer due to refurbishment.
It will re-open week 32.

Any idea what they will do? Sounds like good news to me though! ^
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by jacob_m
Any idea what they will do? Sounds like good news to me though! ^
Same thing as any other summer? Have the lounge attendants to take their summer vacation and save some costs while cleaning the lounge and keeping it closed so travellers cannot drink their gin storage empty?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:10 am

Sounds interesting!
I certainly hope it's a genuine improvement..! Things can only be improved there! Wonder if they have looked at TF's domestic lounges and realise that they are a bit behind?!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:02 am

The lounge is pretty nice IMHO, I use it 3 times a week. I think they should increase the food offerings.
The TF lounge at BMA I really like, especially the massage chairs and the quiet room.
At GOT it is hands down to TF as SK does not have a lounge (domestic). It beets me why they don´t set up something for elites at GOT - the ARN route must be one of the routes systemwide with the most C-pax and EBGs.
Maybe something in line with the old ARN/CPH/OSL system where business pax had a small buffé at the gate.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miikka
Same thing as any other summer? Have the lounge attendants to take their summer vacation and save some costs while cleaning the lounge and keeping it closed so travellers cannot drink their gin storage empty?
When the lounges at ARN got shut down in recent summers and then reopened it seemed like there wasn't such extensive improvement that couldn't be done in a week or two with a closing of just part of the lounge(s).
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

This sounds like the "normal" summer closings if you ask me... There's always a lounge being "refurbished" in the summer. When they open after 3 weeks, there's never something new in the lounge. So I suspect they only do this to clean the lounge a couple of days and save money the rest of the summer...
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikka
Same thing as any other summer?
I haven't used the domestic lounge a lot, but do they really close it one month every year?
I'm pretty sure I used it in July last year, actually I know for sure I did thanks to the EB history function.

The Stockholm lounge is very different from the other SAS lounges as the facilities are almost non-existent.
If you haven't been there it's hard to imagine what a poor place it is compared to the usual SAS international lounges. It's basically nothing more than a secluded place to wait for your flight, quite literally.
Pretty much nothing to eat, pretty much nothing to drink, and don't even think about free alcohol.

So of course when they write they will refurbish the lounge during a month I get the vibe this is something positive.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:22 pm
Suspended

I haven't used the domestic lounge a lot, but do they really close it one month every year?
I'm pretty sure I used it in July last year, actually I know for sure I did thanks to the EB history function.

The Stockholm lounge is very different from the other SAS lounges as the facilities are almost non-existent.
If you haven't been there it's hard to imagine what a poor place it is compared to the usual SAS international lounges. It's basically nothing more than a secluded place to wait for your flight, quite literally.
Pretty much nothing to eat, pretty much nothing to drink, and don't even think about free alcohol.

So of course when they write they will refurbish the lounge during a month I get the vibe this is something positive.
The SAS lounge in Arlanda was closed at some point last summer for some time when I was there. I missed out on using it three or four times IIRC.

And the Novia lounge next door has downgraded itself too. There's less food and drink these past few weeks than I've ever seen it. It's almost starting to remind me of some US airline lounges.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:25 pm

They have actually improved this lounge lately (I use it a lot). It has the new internet deal (4 new computers + complimentary wifi), nice seating with large television set and they have the luxury model coffee machine, same as in the scandinavian lounge. Also full selection of soft drinks (Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Soda), fruit basket and two snack baskets, typically mini pretzels and potato chips.
Also the lounge is manned at all hours (used to be un-manned).
The new SK T4 service center is also nearby (opened last week).

I think they should start to let *G in as it is a manned reception now. In that way they could earn some money + it is a big lounge and typically not so crowded.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The SAS lounge in Arlanda was closed at some point last summer for some time when I was there. I missed out on using it three or four times IIRC.

And the Novia lounge next door has downgraded itself too.
I think you're talking about the SAS lounge in terminal 5, right? It's not the same! This lounge is in the domestic terminal, terminal 4.

The standard lounge in terminal 5 surely closes every summer. Usually they close the Scandinavian lounge 2-3 weeks when all passengers have to use the business lounge, and vice versa the following 2-3 weeks.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Also the lounge is manned at all hours (used to be un-manned).
Have they removed the turnstiles as well or are they still there?

Didn't know they had installed internet computers now, great news! ^
It would be nice to see some sandwiches or similar as well, something more substantial to eat.

This lounge needs any improvements it can get since it was basically a forgotten place for several years.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:43 pm

Have they removed the turnstiles as well or are they still there?
Still there, but they have a reception desk to the left as well. Not SK staffed of course - that´s how it is at ARN.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:50 pm
Suspended

I think you're talking about the SAS lounge in terminal 5, right? It's not the same! This lounge is in the domestic terminal, terminal 4.

The standard lounge in terminal 5 surely closes every summer. Usually they close the Scandinavian lounge 2-3 weeks when all passengers have to use the business lounge, and vice versa the following 2-3 weeks.
You're right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.