Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

55 minute connection time enough?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

I have a flight from YYZ on Air Canada to LHR. Than have 115 minutes to make a connecting flight on Scandinavian Airlines to Oslo. Than have 55 minutes to make a connectio in Oslo to Bodo still on Scanadinavian Airlines. Is 55 minutes enough time to make the Bodo connection? And will I have to go through customes and security at every connection? This will be my first time flying so I am a bit nervous. Also what will happen if I miss the connection? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Welcome to FT mcbusted4!!

At LHR you have to pass security again, but there is no need to pass customs/passport control and your luggage will be transfered automatically.
Keep in mind that UK hand luggage rules apply if you transit through LHR and these will be enforced as you pass through security there, so it's strictly one piece of hand luggage.
Two hours should be fine as long as the transfer security isn't too crowded. If you're running short of time, tell the officers so you can bypass the queue.

55 mins should be OK at OSL in my opinion, as long as your incoming flight isn't too late, but I'm sure other people here can answer that better than me.
You need to pick up your checked luggage though and take it through customs and recheck it again (even if it's tagged to Bodo).
There is a domestic baggage drop counter outside customs, but as far as I know it's never open so you need to go upstairs to the main check-in area to deposit your checked luggage at the regular counters.

If you miss your connection they will rebook you on the next flight free of charge as long as your whole itinerary is booked as one ticket (which I pressume it is). Just go to an SAS transfer counter or ticket counter at the airport where you missed your connection and asked them to rebook you.
Shouldn't be any problems at all.

Enjoy your first flight!!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Yeah it is all one ticket and i am only bringing 1 piece of carry on. So i wont have any other bags to collect. As well the plane arrives in LHR at 11am and leaves at 1pm, and arrives at Oslo at 3pm about and leaves to bodo at about 4pm. Also its on a monday. And thanks, I am less nervous now about this all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.