Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Braathens Schedule Changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
SAS Braathens Schedule Changes

Aftenposten had an article today reflecting some upcoming SAS Braathens schedule changes.

In short:
  • SAS Braathens will discontinue all routes from TRF.
  • Routes to Vienna and Prague from Oslo will be discontinued. Destinations will be served via CPH.
  • Saturday departures from SVG and BGO to CDG and FCO will be discontinued.
  • Increased capacity on OSL - ZRH/KEF/MAN/LIS. Typical holiday destinations in Southern Europe will see larger equipment.
  • Increased capacity on the big domestic routes OSL - BGO/SVG/TRD and SVG-TRD.

Looks to me that they will downplay typical holiday destinations but increase business destinations. With the increased passenger load these days I suspect that SKBU is running slightly short on equipment, and would like to focus more on high-revenue destinations.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 1:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Too bad for TRF...

This is an increase not a cut if you look at the total picture

As I suspected, KEF is doing good. Looks to me that they are just moving equipment around to more profitable destinations, business destinations like TRD/SVG/BGO and ZRH will get higher price pr. seat than long flights to Southern Europe.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:54 pm

I have a couple of SAS schedule change questions. We have only flown SAS once and have been switching around the various Star-Alliance carriers so I a am not up to date on what is going on with SAS.

We have Prague-Copenhagen-Chicago flight booked on a Sunday morning in May. I looked at their timetable and noticed that the PRG-CPH morning flight doesn't currently operate on Sunday mornings during the winter schedule.

1) Will the morning PRG-CPH flight actually operate on Sundays once they load their summer schedule? or will it be eliminated along with the other Prague cutbacks mentioned in this article?

2) Any idea on when the final summer schedule might be loaded into the reservation system?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.