Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I only used their LAX service, a few times with the outbound or inbound through HEL and the other leg on the direct. Specifically the outbound just has this weird timing from ARN but at least those planes were packed. I can't speak for the other routes. Plenty of demand for travel between the West Coast and ARN. I used this route to get to SFO as well.

But you're right, they made to effort to really feed the planes and only made a small effort with their FFP status match and OW programs just aren't that useful. The next best thing are their HEL-LAX and HEL-SEA routes.
I was tempted by the status match but then I need to buy a leg up to ARN and back without any idea how the interline would work. The match was pretty generous IMO, another flyertalker who is OWE said he always get upgraded on AY long haul. No idea if the LAX route is more busy during summer holidays with the post pandemic effect that everyone has excessive cash to blow since they were trapped for 2 years. However, now LHR is reducing pax capacity which might mean fewer connection to and from LHR, but at the same time AY can use HEL to connect Asia to the North America via Europe.

SEA would be useful - it's serving both SEA and YVR areas.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Can't say I'm surprised that ARN didn't work out so well for these AY long-haul flights. AY must have seen a pretty dismal future for ARN long-haul service and for the recovery of its Asian flight service at this time of high fuel costs to go into bed with QR like this. Not looking forward to AY become the main way to get to DOH from some of the bigger Nordic airports. ARN's position is such that it just doesn't fly all that well for US service as many people in Sweden may think it would.

SK struggled to make CPH-SEA work, and its exit was at a time when remote work was nowhere as much in the picture as it is nowadays. I have my doubts that a SEA route would do all that well if SK were to bring it back.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Can't say I'm surprised that ARN didn't work out so well for these AY long-haul flights. AY must have seen a pretty dismal future for ARN long-haul service and for the recovery of its Asian flight service at this time of high fuel costs to go into bed with QR like this. Not looking forward to AY become the main way to get to DOH from some of the bigger Nordic airports. ARN's position is such that it just doesn't fly all that well for US service as many people in Sweden may think it would.

SK struggled to make CPH-SEA work, and its exit was at a time when remote work was nowhere as much in the picture as it is nowadays. I have my doubts that a SEA route would do all that well if SK were to bring it back.
AY is code sharing with QR? That makes sense as they are both OW.

It was a long time ago SK cancelled SEA, back then YVR area wasn't like what it is now. The greater Vancouver area has 2.6M population, Seattle metro area has around 3.5M. Copenhagen region is not even 2M, and another 1M from Malmo.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A friend is heading from London to Copenhagen right now. At the boarding gate, every piece of carry on was weighed, and anything exceeding 8kg was sent to the hold. Not a lot of happy customers this morning.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A friend is heading from London to Copenhagen right now. At the boarding gate, every piece of carry on was weighed, and anything exceeding 8kg was sent to the hold. Not a lot of happy customers this morning.
Tried that at LHR quite a few times. We had to dig out our laptops and check our carry on. It's like a mess every time.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
Tried that at LHR quite a few times. We had to dig out our laptops and check our carry on. It's like a mess every time.
If it was about actual size, I'd be fine. Size does have an effect on the ability to get everyone settled in. But as they anyway don't charge for it, and people can't leave stuff behind to lighten their load the only difference is annoyed passengers.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it was about actual size, I'd be fine. Size does have an effect on the ability to get everyone settled in. But as they anyway don't charge for it, and people can't leave stuff behind to lighten their load the only difference is annoyed passengers.
Yes we had to check in anything that can't fit under the seat. The problem is that we put our laptops inside our carry on so we had to take them out and put them in a shopping bag. It's super annoying and it creates chaos.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:02 am
Suspended

With SK@LHR, the cabin baggage weighing at the gate happened infrequently but was enough that I defaulted thereafter to making BA my primary choice for LHR-Scandinavia. While most of my SK LHR-ARN/CPH/OSL flights didn’t involve my cabin baggage getting weighed, it was enough that I put up more with LHR T5 anyway. SK gate agents at the Scandinavian capital airports don’t seem into weighing SK cabin baggage, at least not like SK@LHR gate agents.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in the Gold Lounge in Copenhagen this morning, the Barista is back so you can get non machine coffee. Better than the machines, but I have also had better coffee. Anyway, nice to see that the lounge is moving back towards pre-pandemic service levels. The food was rather on the meh side though.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:30 am
Suspended

I was in the Gold Lounge in Copenhagen this morning, the Barista is back so you can get non machine coffee. Better than the machines, but I have also had better coffee. Anyway, nice to see that the lounge is moving back towards pre-pandemic service levels. The food was rather on the meh side though.
You may have just missed me.

I’ve never ordered anything from the barista there.

I would personally rather that the money be put into increasing the quality of the food, but I doubt it would mean much improvement given the inflation hit is more on the goods side than the labor side.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
You may have just missed me.

I’ve never ordered anything from the barista there.

I would personally rather that the money be put into increasing the quality of the food, but I doubt it would mean much improvement given the inflation hit is more on the goods side than the labor side.
I would also doubt the cost of the barista station would do much to improve the food, and as a coffee person, I do like this option.

I arrived just around 9am and walked about again just after 10am.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Anyway, nice to see that the lounge is moving back towards pre-pandemic service levels. The food was rather on the meh side though.
'meh' is the 'pre-pandemic service level'
the810 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
It’s also the current service level.

I would also doubt the cost of the barista station would do much to improve the food, and as a coffee person, I do like this option.

I arrived just around 9am and walked about again just after 10am.
You just missed me.

I still have free Starbucks coupons from CPH — some of which were given to me by the land-side Starbucks that used to be on the right side just after passing CPH baggage claim and customs on arrival. The more inflation hits, the more valuable those drink coupons may be.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
more like 'yuk'

When does ARN get a barista?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
more like 'yuk'

When does ARN get a barista?
If ARN were to get one in the lounge, it would turn out to be years after the Gold lounge at CPH first got one.

At CPH, the barista space didn’t come with much of a shift in seating density in the lounge. At ARN, it may come in with a shift into increased seating density.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.