Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Well SAS does. I received my downgraded EBB card in the mail with a letter from their marketing director saying that if I get 25000 points more flying for example their partner Air Botnia I'll get EBS again...
Haha, maybe they will bring Air Botnia back again?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Just a short note about food in the lounges (Scandinavian) , ARN & CPH. I was impressed by SK offering "meatballs of elk" last week, overall good food & drink impression at ARN. In CPH not as good, less food and drinks on offer in my opinion. Of course it ís a bit different depending on what time , and day...but ARN lounge seem to have better food, but less space !! Anyone disagree or agree ?

Last edited by A-340 GOT; Nov 10, 2008 at 6:28 am Reason: editting...
Old Nov 9, 2008, 5:01 pm

First, I guess we are all talking about the Scandinavian Lounges here (previously First Class lounges) and not the Business Louunges?
IMHO, ARN doesn´t repeat themselves as much as CPH but the offering at CPH is generally better. Especially when they have the arabic theme with pita and chicken and falaffel. They seem to have stopped serving the danish which is good for everyones health.
OSL is a different story, never had anything substantial there? But then again, the norwegian lunch "culture" is maybe the one to blame here (smörgåspakke)?

PS: Do notice that magazines at ARN still have SAS First Class Euro Lounge printed on them as the address...
Old Nov 10, 2008, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
My tip-of-the-day if you have decent Internet:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/profi...do=editoptions

Number of Posts to Show Per Page -> Set to 40 posts per page

It makes Flyertalk much nicer to use! ^
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Well SAS does. I received my downgraded EBB card in the mail with a letter from their marketing director saying that if I get 25000 points more flying for example their partner Air Botnia I'll get EBS again...
Was that a DC combo card? I got the same message when I was down to EBB for some weeks. I think it is embarrassing for SAS, but I also think DC is really to blame.

But now back to EBS again, and slowly realizing there is not much point even in trying to ever become EBG with intra-europe flights in Economy. Thank you for 25 % rules and 0 miles earnings on *A partners. Slightly OT but anyway...
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I tried a "grade 6" marbled Kobe beef yesterday at the Meat & Wine Company here in Melbourne yesterday - first time and it was great ^

We celebrated the launch of the project I've been working with for 18 months now - a Trade Community. Feels like having a newborn!

In the last week we've had mostly 30-35C and I've spent a few hours on the golfcourse. A good week!
Old Nov 15, 2008, 4:59 am

Programs: EBG
About lounge food, I must say that I realy apresiate the very nice cheese platter they serve in CPH from 2000 hours.

BFN
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
HKG muzak

Mrs999 and I are now in HKG T1, where they have a continuous low-level background music playing, like in a lift. The thing is, it's only 21 November and all the tunes they are playing are Western Christmas music!

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:33 am

Programs: too many to list
Originally Posted by henry999
The thing is, it's only 21 November and all the tunes they are playing are Western Christmas music!
Of course they are. The Christmas shopping season started already two weeks ago.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 4:39 am

Received an invitation to a survey about Blue1 today. it said it would take 30 minutes to complete. As a reward I would get 1000 EB points or two for the points of one to any Blue1 destination in 2009. I took the survey and obviously chose the latter. They had many, many questions about what is most important to me when choosing an airline and especially Blue1. They asked about fast track, bonus miles, seat pitch, free coffee, safety, ticket prices, notifications by e-mail, price of parking at the airport, distance if airport from the city??? (I hope they´re not concidering using Frankfurt Hahn as a substitute for FRA) etc.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Catering

Just came from ORD on 944. Booked in M, I watched SeatCounter all week with hopes of spending some points on an upgrade to C. Right up to the end, it was showing C9 D9 J9. I thought we were in.

Registered our intention at CI and went to the gate an hour before departure to sign the form. Bzzzzt. Not enough meals. The gate agent was friendly, sympathetic and reasonable. 'I know you care more about the seat than the food and I would love to take your points -- but I just can't do it', he said.

We were able to get into Y and I did manage a little sleep. But what a disappointment (first time it's ever happened to me).

cheers,

Henry
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by henry999
Just came from ORD on 944. Booked in M, I watched SeatCounter all week with hopes of spending some points on an upgrade to C. Right up to the end, it was showing C9 D9 J9. I thought we were in.

Registered our intention at CI and went to the gate an hour before departure to sign the form. Bzzzzt. Not enough meals. The gate agent was friendly, sympathetic and reasonable. 'I know you care more about the seat than the food and I would love to take your points -- but I just can't do it', he said.

We were able to get into Y and I did manage a little sleep. But what a disappointment (first time it's ever happened to me).

cheers,

Henry
I always used to get rejected by SK using points, so now I fly LH, and am almost always able to upgrade...good thing LH flies to/from India with multiple gateways...

SK is probably again going to lose money on their DEL service, much as they did years ago - and I used to *support* them at the time!

They should have been smart and snagged a slot at BOM...
Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:39 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Received an invitation to a survey about Blue1 today. it said it would take 30 minutes to complete. As a reward I would get 1000 EB points or two for the points of one to any Blue1 destination in 2009. I took the survey and obviously chose the latter. They had many, many questions about what is most important to me when choosing an airline and especially Blue1. They asked about fast track, bonus miles, seat pitch, free coffee, safety, ticket prices, notifications by e-mail, price of parking at the airport, distance if airport from the city??? (I hope they´re not concidering using Frankfurt Hahn as a substitute for FRA) etc.
I got the same survey today. It is funny that they rather have me fill in a survey (1000 points) than to buy a ticket for €476 (900 points in W-class HEL-ATH-HEL) with them.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:47 am

I got the same survey today. It is funny that they rather have me fill in a survey (1000 points) than to buy a ticket for €476 (900 points in W-class HEL-ATH-HEL) with them.
I hope you didn´t choose the 1000 points. I know I will use at least one bonus trip in 2009.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
I hope you didn´t choose the 1000 points. I know I will use at least one bonus trip in 2009.
My Finnish isn't fluent yet but I knew to make the right choice :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.