FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   JOIN IN: Letter to SAS - Suggesting an Improved Economy Class Product (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/443814-join-letter-sas-suggesting-improved-economy-class-product.html)

SK_RSJ Aug 11, 2005 6:12 am

[QUOTE=I recommend everyone to pick one up the next time you visit the lounge at LHR. [/QUOTE]

It is available for download (Pdf) here:
http://www.sasgroup.net/

SK_RSJ Aug 22, 2005 3:06 pm

Inconsistency the big problem?

Isnīt it so that the big problem when travelling with SK in Economy nowadays is the inconsistency in hte service provided? Apart from the different point earnings depending on the exact booking class it can be difficult to know in advance what the service will be like. Should you buy a sandwich and bring aboard or not? Check this:

-Domestic Sweden
Complimentary breakfast, everything is charged for for the rest of day but there is snacks and meals available all day.

-Between Sweden and Denmark and Norway.
Complimentary breakfast and complimentary bar the rest of the day but no snacks or meals even for a charge. Not even if travelling in C. Yu can get free bear for dinner, but not even a cookie available for any money in the world. :confused:

-Between Scandinavia and rest of Europe
Everything is charged for, even still water. Possible to buy a snack.

-Intercontinental
Complimentary meals and bar.

RichardInSF Aug 30, 2005 3:53 pm

I finally got an email reply to my complaint to SAS. It was the usual cut and paste job, but they assured me that comments from satisfied customers were always welcome and told me that my comments were very important to them. So I feel hugely relieved.

I don't live in Scandinavia and often have an alternative to SAS on the trips I take, so I guess I'll be taking that alternative whenever possible in the future. I miss my free glass of water -- and even the occasional (dare I hope for it?) free soft drink in that huge 15ml can.

tommy777 Aug 30, 2005 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I finally got an email reply to my complaint to SAS. It was the usual cut and paste job, but they assured me that comments from satisfied customers were always welcome and told me that my comments were very important to them. So I feel hugely relieved.

I don't live in Scandinavia and often have an alternative to SAS on the trips I take, so I guess I'll be taking that alternative whenever possible in the future. I miss my free glass of water -- and even the occasional (dare I hope for it?) free soft drink in that huge 15ml can.

That took a while :p

SK needs to go to the US and try out TED and not copy Ryanair ^

larsll Aug 31, 2005 7:53 am

Originally Posted by tommy777
That took a while :p

I'm still waiting for SAS UK... they probably sent it by paper and got it stuck somewhere...

tommy777 Sep 1, 2005 2:23 pm

I had the pleasure of flying OSL-LHR this morning. What a mess...

Checked in online 21 hrs and 59 minutes before the flight, "scored" 12C, emergency exit on the 737-800.

Got to the airport at 7.00, checked a bag and got the seat. When I arrived at the gate, the flight was oversold by 12 (!) seats and they needed these people to volunteer..

The moron GA announced: "If any of you would be willing to travel through ARN at 9:05, you will receive 150 Euros travelers checks or 75 Euros cash :confused: :confused: . You will arrive at LHR only 40 minutes after this original direct flight" :confused: :confused:

First of all, I think the denied boarding compensation is so low not even a student with 10 bucks in his pocket would take it.

I couldn't help myself and had to make a big stink for the GA. I asked him how he figured waiting 1 hr 20 mins and flying an hour to ARN and then waiting there for an hour would make people arrive only 40 minutes later.

Needless to say, he was embarrassed and had to reroute people back to the original flight when they realized the flight would arrive 3 hrs and 40 minutes later. What a mess.

I just hung back and had a good time as the GA were sweating trying to make it work. After announcing about 25 times, he finally found enough yahoos who wanted to reroute for pocket change.

Finally, 10 minutes late, it was boarding time. I was first in line on the right side. The boarding card eater made that lovely "giving you a better seat sound" and spit out my tag. Business class?? No! They had moved me from 12C to 12B!

Naturally, I refused this seat and the GA put me back in my original seat. After boarding, some good news: Economy flex was moved to row 16, so I "scored" free breakfast.

I just relaxed, read the paper and watched all the double seatings around me. We got on our way 20 minutes late, just avoided a slot penalty.

Good breakfast on a good flight. Had to turn around and take a look at the P crowd. They didn't look happy :D

Landed 10 minutes late and had to bus to the terminal, but I had time to have a drink at the LL before heading to my CONFIRMED op-up flight. (was posted on united.com 3 days before the flight)

Flight went smooth, it was the Captains last flight; he is turning 60 next week. :( He came around the cabin, I stopped him and gave him my tax-free Cognac and said "If you love flying half as much as I do, this must be a very sad day for you" With tears in his eyes, he shook my hand and went back to the cockpit.

Poor guy, he looked like he was 40 and for sure LOVED his job.

After his last visual landing with a few cool turns, we were greeted with fire trucks.

The captain didn't come out of the cockpit. The purser said it was too much for him.

Excellent flight, one to remember!

Now it's time for me to take a nap and get ready for my first Chicago Bears flight in the NEC lounge.. http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets/skyline.jsp

What a day!

hyper Feb 9, 2010 3:40 am

Bump..

Looking in the rear view mirror .. What was the outcome of this initiative?

JamesBond_ppk Feb 9, 2010 4:30 am

Well, regarding the service I definitely think they have improved. I have no complaints what so ever about this lately.

However, giving 100% points for EBGs on low economy is still not done, and I really think we should resend this letter to make it happen.

Plus priority boarding / upgrades and better recognition for EBGs would be great.

Fast Track for domestic flights (out of OSL for example) for EBGs is also something we could ask.

Anything else?

tommy777 Feb 9, 2010 4:56 am

The European product has not improved and I'm not a big fan of bumping 5 year old threads.

Closing this on, thanks for understanding