FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   JOIN IN: Letter to SAS - Suggesting an Improved Economy Class Product (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/443814-join-letter-sas-suggesting-improved-economy-class-product.html)

morradi Jun 23, 2005 10:54 am

Originally Posted by larsll
(I am not voluntaring for this one... sorry... )

Didn't we set up a Platinum Challenge for Bjornstrom not long ago? :) Ahh... he's in Sweden. And here I was planning to make it a Executive Platinum challenge... ;)

tommy777 Jun 23, 2005 11:17 am

Originally Posted by morradi
Didn't we set up a Platinum Challenge for Bjornstrom not long ago? :) Ahh... he's in Sweden. And here I was planning to make it a Executive Platinum challenge... ;)

Well, making the swedish papers is not bad.... Bjornstrom didnt take our other challenge, now he can take this one :D :D

jacob_m Jun 23, 2005 11:55 am

Originally Posted by tommy777
And, as usual, they are not addressing our most important points at all, about the room in M, the service and comfort etc.

Not surprising at all, standard answers, but it must have some effect on these people when 20-30 e-mails from important customers are popping into their inbox at once..

I wonder if they even read the e-mails, after the 10-15th one they probably say "here's another one" and they just send back the standard reply.
I do think it was well written but there is a risk they consider it as spam instead of reading what's actually in it.

But on the other hand 30 e-mails must make some kind of impact.
And also they do know FT exists now and it does seem like there is a silent lurker here (remember how quickly the lounge thing was corrected...).
So hopefully they take some time to read what's actually posted here if there are any doubts about the content of our letter.

jacob_m Jun 23, 2005 2:38 pm

Next step: We ask for a meeting with them?

Or if anybody is good at creating webpages, start a 'campaign webpage'.
Just saw in the BMI forum they are creating a webpage to try to stop the changes due in August which are even worse than the ones of SAS.
No points at all for tickets below booking class H and no lounge access (even for golds!!) if flying on any of these fares.
Their website is www.whybmi.com (as opposed to the webpage of BMI which is flybmi.com, very clever!!)

whysas.com wouldn't be all that bad...

ranskis Jun 23, 2005 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by jacob_m
I wonder if they even read the e-mails, after the 10-15th one they probably say "here's another one" and they just send back the standard reply.

i got a reply today from the french customer relations manager (is any of you French?) I guess that this has been forwarded to him via my Eurobonus number. Moreover, I got a reply from his email address with his full contact info and not a DONTREPLY@ with a generic name such as "Customer Relations Team"... may be I will call him when I get back to France...

Monsieur,

Nous faisons suite à votre e-mail du 17 juin se rapportant à notre produit
moyen-courrier Europe et vous en remercions.
Vos commentaires qui ont retenu toute notre attention, ont été transmis à
notre Direction Régionale.
Soyez assuré qu'ils seront dûment pris en considération dans le cadre du
développement de notre produit.
Nous vousréitérons nos remerciements d'avoir pris le temps de nous écrire.
C'est à travers le feedback régulier de nos clients, et notamment
de nos clients membres EuroBonus qu'il nous est permis d'améliorer notre
service.

En dépit de votre déception, nous gardons l'espoir de vous acceuillir à
nouveau sur nos lignes
et vous prions de croire, à l'assurance de notre parfaite considération.

Jean-Yves Proust

jacob_m Jun 23, 2005 3:58 pm

I'm French-speaking but I think that looks pretty much like any standard SAS reply, just the French version this time.
"Thanks for taking your time to write to us...your comments are valuable to us...it's by getting feedback from our customers we are able to improve our products...bla bla"
However, if you do have a name I definitely think you should call him, and please tell us what he said.

I'm still missing an acknowledgement of the actual problems highlighted in the letter.
It's a bit like "we know people are not happy but as our changes are based on reliable surveys we don't actually care much".
Many of the things we suggested are minor changes that do not necessarily affect the overall product or the balance sheet of SAS, for example more space onboard for P-class passengers.
But they don't seem to take these things into consideration...

Bjornstrom Jun 23, 2005 6:22 pm

Well, making the swedish papers is not bad.... Bjornstrom didnt take our other challenge, now he can take this one :D :D

Haha, im not sure that im the right person for front page news.

We could create a homepage with information and complaints though - this could be sent to major newspapers in Scandinavia to create some buzz?

morradi Jun 24, 2005 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
Haha, im not sure that im the right person for front page news.

Ahh... come on, don't be shy! ;)

We could create a homepage with information and complaints though - this could be sent to major newspapers in Scandinavia to create some buzz?

That's a good idea though. @:-) We need someone with the necessary webresources and someone with programming skills. I have neither, I'm afraid...

tommy777 Jun 24, 2005 5:42 am

Got my reply today:

Vi viser til din mail av 16. juni vedrørende vårt treklasseprodukt innen Europa, og kan meddele at vi har mottatt flere tilsvarende henvendelser.

Vi setter stor pris på tilbakemeldinger fra våre passasjerer, og vi kan forsikre deg om at vi tar disse på alvor. Vårt produkt er under konstant oppfølging og vurdering, og din mail er videresendt berørte avdelinger.

Vi takker for ditt engasjement og konstruktive innspill, og vil samtidig ønske deg en riktig god sommer.

Vennlig hilsen
May
Saksbehandler
Kundeservice

SAS Braathens AS
Phone: +47.64 81 77 00
Fax: +47.64 81 78 77
www.sasbraathens.no

This one was different. She admits they have had a lot of similar suggestions (they hav actually noticed our campaign) and she appreciates my constructive suggestions.

Still, the only thing happening is that she’s sending it to the departments involved...

tommy777 Jun 24, 2005 6:01 am

That's a good idea though. @:-) We need someone with the necessary webresources and someone with programming skills. I have neither, I'm afraid...

I work as a consultant for an ISP in Norway about 50 hrs a month and I have web hosting and domain resources for free, but no skills to make webpages...

I currently own some webpages not in use (because I cant do anything with them, except e-mail), one for e-mails to my friends. Im sure you will like it, morradi . Its www.mordi.no :D :D (The ISP is borrowing it as a testsite for their new website)

That webpage wont work for our purpose, whysas.com is taken, whysas.org or .net are available.

I reserved www.whysas.net, in case we want to do something :)

Bjornstrom Jun 24, 2005 6:17 am

Our company can also provide the necessary web resources, I have the domain www.businessclass.se available :)

I'd say that the content is the biggest concern - what is our message to the world?

morradi Jun 24, 2005 6:36 am

Im sure you will like it, morradi . Its www.mordi.no :D :D

That's excellent, albeit in a Norwegian dialect! :D:D:D

Our company can also provide the necessary web resources, I have the domain www.businessclass.se available

Isn't that you on the front page, Bjornstrom? Thought I recognised you...

I think www.whysas.net is the best we have so far... Of course, it would have been great if we could get a site that is also a typo of one of the SAS sites, the way www.untied.com is :D But www.ssa.no/se/dk doesn't really cut it...

morradi Jun 24, 2005 6:39 am

Hahaha, I just checked and it appears that SAS also has www.skandinavian.net covered. :D:D I wonder if that was initially an honest but dyslectic mistake from HQ? :rolleyes:

tommy777 Jun 24, 2005 8:38 am

Hahaha, I just checked and it appears that SAS also has www.skandinavian.net covered. :D:D I wonder if that was initially an honest but dyslectic mistake from HQ? :rolleyes:

he he, I think they are thinking about all the dyslectics out there, www.sasbrathens.no was also taken :D

Bjornstrom Jun 24, 2005 12:07 pm

Isn't that you on the front page, Bjornstrom? Thought I recognised you...

That's me - but Im surprised you recognized me, from where? :)

The domain issue is not very complicated. For all purposes Id say that we should avoid a domainname that replicates a current SAS-held domainname.

We want SAS to upgrade their Economy Class services and this homepage should provide:

a) Information about how the Economy class service has deteriorated. Trip reports? Pictures?

b) What do we really want? As specific as possible. Maybe point to examples on other airlines.

c) Show them that we are not alone - we need a system for registering SK'ers that stand by us (maybe with Eurobonus # and status?). This system should also email SAS automatically. Together we will be STRONG!

Why not use www.saseconomy.com - its pretty straightforward.

There is an alternative - to create a swedish forum for Eurobonus members (in swedish since most SK'ers are Swedes i presume) which could give us additional benefits in the future. It will be lot easier with these kinds of actions if we have our own forum with 5000 Eurobonus members?
-> www.eurobonusforum.com

PS. Glad midsommar!!