Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum mileage earnings

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2024, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Minimum mileage earnings

I was looking at the details for earnings on ANA. Recently it has been necessary to look before booking every time, since SAS changes the earning rates on booking classes without any warning nor notification.

This time I noticed that the minimum earning has been removed. ANA used to have a minimum earning of 300 miles, which has been removed so now it is always actual distance. Not that this one is going to chance any significant earning, but how often can they slice off the EB earnings by just updating the website and not announcing it in any way?

Just a bit of a rant.....
Old May 17, 2024, 12:19 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was looking at the details for earnings on ANA. Recently it has been necessary to look before booking every time, since SAS changes the earning rates on booking classes without any warning nor notification.

This time I noticed that the minimum earning has been removed. ANA used to have a minimum earning of 300 miles, which has been removed so now it is always actual distance. Not that this one is going to chance any significant earning, but how often can they slice off the EB earnings by just updating the website and not announcing it in any way?

Just a bit of a rant.....
I've noticed the same thing for several airlines, however, from my experience the website has just stopped listing the minimum earnings (they did vanish with the website update). They do still apply, at least in the case of LX all my short hops have earned the old minimums.
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I've noticed the same thing for several airlines, however, from my experience the website has just stopped listing the minimum earnings (they did vanish with the website update). They do still apply, at least in the case of LX all my short hops have earned the old minimums.
I'll have to see, the current booking I am looking at is not minimum mileage relevant so even if I make it, no knowing where the minimum rules apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.