Wiki Posts
Search

AC to SK transfer in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
AC to SK transfer in Toronto

Flying Montreal to Stockholm via Toronto (AC YUL-YYZ, SK YYZ-ARN) next week on a single ticket.

Does anyone know if I need to reclear security in Toronto?

The website for YYZ airport is inconsistent. If I give it as an AC to AC transfer, it says go directly to the gate. If I give it as AC to SK, it says I need to collect my bags (!) , go to check in (!) and reclear security (!). That doesn't seem right on a *A single ticket? SK to SkyTeam shouldn't matter yet, it should still all be in terminal 1.

Has anyone does this recently? Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by neko
Flying Montreal to Stockholm via Toronto (AC YUL-YYZ, SK YYZ-ARN) next week on a single ticket.

Does anyone know if I need to reclear security in Toronto?

The website for YYZ airport is inconsistent. If I give it as an AC to AC transfer, it says go directly to the gate. If I give it as AC to SK, it says I need to collect my bags (!) , go to check in (!) and reclear security (!). That doesn't seem right on a *A single ticket? SK to SkyTeam shouldn't matter yet, it should still all be in terminal 1.

Has anyone does this recently? Thanks.
It is really a question for the Air Canada forum, as the airline accountable for the flow is AC. That being said, I can't see a reason why you would need to collect your luggage and go through security again.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
AC will check luggage through. There should not be a security re-clearance required when connecting from YUL
yscleo likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by cfischer
AC will check luggage through. There should not be a security re-clearance required when connecting from YUL
Yup this.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Fair enough. But the only logical explanation I could think of for the YYZ app to say that a dom-intl *A connection in T1 on the same ticket would require collecting baggage, checking in and re-clearing security was the change to SkyTeam -- for which this group is the experts.

(Also presumably this group has a fair number of folks who take this flight.)

Thanks for the info.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by neko
Fair enough. But the only logical explanation I could think of for the YYZ app to say that a dom-intl *A connection in T1 on the same ticket would require collecting baggage, checking in and re-clearing security was the change to SkyTeam -- for which this group is the experts.

(Also presumably this group has a fair number of folks who take this flight.)

Thanks for the info.
​​​​​​
SK's transition to The Alliance of Unwanted Airlines is not going to impact the interline agreement, that will remain. So as long as it is one ticket, it will it affect the ability to check luggage through. Separate tickets yes.
yscleo likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Once they change terminals, that’ll affect things. Until then … no issues to be expected.
Old May 2, 2024, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I really hope SK continues to serve YYZ next summer, even if its from gross terminal 3
Old May 9, 2024, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
SAS now flies out of the infield terminal at YYZ, which has very limited facilities and no lounges, so a move to T3 will actually be an upgrade.

The bus transfer was awful, departs gate E83 irregularly and takes 15 mins. Plan accordingly.
yscleo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.