Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Any decent service left to find *A F awards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Trying to snack one last *A F award before SK moves out of *A. But none of the methods I used before seem to work anymore... United does not show LH F anymore, ExperFlyer doesn't like *A awards at all.... any hints?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I read in forums that LH has now shortened their release time, to 72 hours to time of departure and some even worse to the day of departure

SB
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I read about people using SK miles got LH F T-72 hours, so you need to be super flexible with your schedule.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Trying to snack one last *A F award before SK moves out of *A. But none of the methods I used before seem to work anymore... United does not show LH F anymore, ExperFlyer doesn't like *A awards at all.... any hints?
T-14 on ANA, but there is a crazy rush for them. So not easy to snag them. Join the fray.

United or Air Canada, ANA themselves are the places to search.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Oh well, yes... found MUC-BOS LH F for tomorrow on United. Of course this now makes returns in F very hard.... bummer.

I guess, I will need to pay if I ever want to sit in LH (or ANA) F again
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Awardnexus.com also helps immensely to find award space (they tap NH & AC).
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
T-14 on ANA, but there is a crazy rush for them. So not easy to snag them. Join the fray.

United or Air Canada, ANA themselves are the places to search.
I guess if people are going for these they need to have a packed bag with them at the front door - like pregnant women at their last 4 weeks of pregnancy except they know when they can go home but if people want to snag a F home it would have to be somewhere they can afford until there is a flight coming up...

I doubt even retirees are interested in something like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
I guess if people are going for these they need to have a packed bag with them at the front door - like pregnant women at their last 4 weeks of pregnancy except they know when they can go home but if people want to snag a F home it would have to be somewhere they can afford until there is a flight coming up...

I doubt even retirees are interested in something like this.
Reading the posts ANA and Virgin forums, plenty of people book like that.

I would find it easier to plan at T-14 than 355 days out
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

I would find it easier to plan at T-14 than 355 days out
Same for me. I am ok with T-14, maybe T-30 would be better. But T-72h is brutal. Yes, I booked such a flight (CPH-FRA-SFO-MUC-CPH) but for the outbound. The inbound was then 7 days later.

Is it possible to book F outbound/J inbound and then change when F openes up? I don’t think so, right? The rules say “no changes after the trip started if I am not mistaken
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same for me. I am ok with T-14, maybe T-30 would be better. But T-72h is brutal. Yes, I booked such a flight (CPH-FRA-SFO-MUC-CPH) but for the outbound. The inbound was then 7 days later.

Is it possible to book F outbound/J inbound and then change when F openes up? I don’t think so, right? The rules say “no changes after the trip started if I am not mistaken
That definitely used to be the rules, but I have not checked recently.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't you just book 2 OW tickets? I know you might get SSSS on your BP.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
Why don't you just book 2 OW tickets? I know you might get SSSS on your BP.
Because an OW is 60% of the cost of a return?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Worse... If I use the AMIX 2-4-1, I can only apply it for one direction. Ok, got enough points so I won't care... maybe I should do that.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess that's the price to pay if you want to fly F.

Worse... If I use the AMIX 2-4-1, I can only apply it for one direction. Ok, got enough points so I won't care... maybe I should do that.
I'm sure your spouse will be more than happy to travel with you on F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.