Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus award ticket and EC261

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, MM FTL

Hi, I have a question regarding who to sent the EC261 claim to. We had an award travel (class X) from Eurobonus, originally issued on 117 ticket stock. The trip was NUE-FRA-IAH, but became quite a mess, first NUE-FRA got cancelled and rebooked on an earlier flight, then FRA-IAH was cancelled at the gate, and we got rerouted as FRA-MCO-IAH (on 4Y and UA, with 220 ticket number, but still X class), where the last leg was delayed for 4 hours. So in the end, we arrived 13 hours late in IAH. The cancellation FRA-IAH was technical.

All things considered, I think that we shoudl get the 600 Euro EC261 compensation, plus a few Euro for food at MCO (in all other places we were in various lounges). Therefore my two questions are:
1. to who shoudl we send the EC261 claim? SK (who did sell us the award ticket but did not fly a single leg), or LH (who caused the problem)?
2. can one also get some compensation since LH440 was changed to 4Y63 (i.e. Lufthansa to Discover)? Meaning e.g. that the seat distance was much shorter, food more basic, no alcohol etc.?

Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:52 am

You need to file your claim with the operating carrier, in this case LH.

i don’t think you will get any compensation or sign of goodwill with the swap to 4Y / UA.

They will claim the conditions of carriage weee comparable.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:29 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
As fassy correctly mentioned, you need to claim with LH.

You might have a case to A.) Claim for compensation due to the first cancellation of NUE-FRA, B.) Claim for compensation due to the cancellation of FRA-IAH, and C.) Claim compensation for the delay of the rerouted flights.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No the OP will not get 3x comp. I can guarantee you that.

The OP is able to claim from LH for the last minute cancellation of LH440 FRA-IAH (IRROPS) and based on the arrival time at IAH 13 hours later than scheduled. The OP doesn't tell when the NUE-FRA was rebooked and if more than 14 days before there is def. nothing to claim for here.

For the delay of MCO-IAH with UA, the OP needs to take this up with UA; LH has nothing to do with this.

I'm surprised that LH managed to rebook you in X class even when IRROPS; normally agents will rebook you into whatever booking class is available in the original service class/cabin.

I agree that no comp. is due for rebooking from LH440 to 4Y63. This was accepted by pax.
dark_phoenix likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:12 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No the OP will not get 3x comp. I can guarantee you that.

The OP is able to claim from LH for the last minute cancellation of LH440 FRA-IAH (IRROPS) and based on the arrival time at IAH 13 hours later than scheduled. The OP doesn't tell when the NUE-FRA was rebooked and if more than 14 days before there is def. nothing to claim for here.

For the delay of MCO-IAH with UA, the OP needs to take this up with UA; LH has nothing to do with this.

I'm surprised that LH managed to rebook you in X class even when IRROPS; normally agents will rebook you into whatever booking class is available in the original service class/cabin.

I agree that no comp. is due for rebooking from LH440 to 4Y63. This was accepted by pax.
If I remember correctly, recent court rulings state that double dipping is indeed possible in terms of EU261. So if your flight is cancelled and rebooked and then after that the new flight is delayed you are indeed due compensation for the cancellation and additionally for the additional delay.

If LH will follow the law is another matter.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, MM FTL
Thanks a lot for your answers! I will try once my trip is over and I am back in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.