Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Adding a segment to award reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I have booked an award ticket with Aerobonus for a SAS flight from Copenhagen to Los Angeles for 50k. However, I now want to add another segment from Paris (CDG) to Copenhagen, and I can see availability in business class. The new segment will have a 20-hour connection in Copenhagen. Can you please let me know if it's possible to modify my reservation to add this segment, and if it will be priced at 50k?

Last edited by carlosiah; Feb 4, 2024 at 8:58 am Reason: grammar
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by carlosiah
I have booked an award ticket with Aerobonus for a SAS flight from Copenhagen to Los Angeles for 50k. However, I now want to add another segment from Paris (CDG) to Copenhagen, and I can see availability in business class. The new segment will have a 20-hour connection in Copenhagen. Can you please let me know if it's possible to modify my reservation to add this segment, and if it will be priced at 50k?
This should be in the AC forum. You should use the red triangle alert button so a moderator can do that.

By and large you cannot add flights to a booking and you may need to cancel and rebook. If so, ensure there’s availability on the long haul segment.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Would the agent be able to cancel the reservation I have from CPH-LAX, which should go back to the awards bucket, and then create the new reservation now from CDG-CPH-LAX? Is that possible?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 2:42 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Would the agent be able to cancel the reservation I have from CPH-LAX, which should go back to the awards bucket, and then create the new reservation now from CDG-CPH-LAX? Is that possible?
Availability might not go back to the award bucket if you cancel your reservation.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
This should be in the AC forum.
AC's frequent flyer program is called Aeroplan. My guess is that the OP is either talking about Eurobonus, or perhaps Aeroflot Bonus.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Seems like the OP is talking about Eurobonus.

Unless there is current availability for CPH-LAX I wouldn't cancel and expect the seat to go back in award inventory. Expecting this can easily lead to disappointment (and frustration that the confirmed C/J class seat to LAX is gone).

Most likely you will not be able to modify the existing EB award without cancelling CPH-LAX unless you find an agent who really knows what he/she is doing and is prepared to go the extra mile for you. It is much easier for the agent to cancel and book CDG-LAX from scratch. I suggest to give it a shot, but you should make it very clear that agent shouldn't cancel the CPH-LAX segment.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:58 pm

Yeah, I agree with everything been said before. But it doesn’t hurt to ask… I had luck several times that the EuroBonus agent added a short haul segment to my longhaul reservation.

Last time even on a *A ticket with LH F. Was booked HAM-MUC-SFO-MUC-HAM and the agent added CPH- and -CPH to the ticket. For free, no chance fee or anything.

Didn’t thought that to be possible… but obviously it is.

And yes… I took those flights and all worked out fine
Old Feb 13, 2024, 5:30 am

Programs: SK Gold
Can you please let me know if it's possible to modify my reservation to add this segment, and if it will be priced at 50k?
As long as there's availability you can call and have them add it to the booking. You might be slapped with a change fee of either 25USD og 75USD (honestly not sure if they will count the change as a transatlantic one or intra-europe). If it's a star alliance award ticket ie. one that involves other airlines in addition to SAS you're in luck and will only be slapped with a 15USD change fee. In both events taxes will be recalculated as well and will probably increase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.