Wiki Posts
Search

OSL Connection Lost Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2024, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: SE 100K
OSL Connection Lost Luggage

Both my brother and I (flying separately) have had our luggage lost by SAS.
We can see with our Airtags they are in Oslo airport however we don’t know where exactly. I can't tell what level they are on but comparing the airtag location with the terminal map appears near Starbucks or the SAS Service desk (if on departures). We need these bags urgently as they contain ski equipment for our ski trip.

My brother flew YVR - LHR - OSL - TOS, with a 12 hour overnight layover in Oslo, then on Feb 1st was on SK 4406 up to TOS.
I flew separately YVR - YUL - LHR - OSL - TOS (on a very delayed SK 4422 OSL - TOS),

We were told at multiple points during our journey by SAS staff that we would not have to collect and re-check our bags in Oslo. Was this incorrect?

Of course, we filed lost luggage claims in TOS however no updates.
I tried chatting to an agent on the SAS website however they were absolutely useless and told me to call TOS.

Any contact numbers for staff at OSL? Any recommendations or actions we can take? Other than just wait...

Thanks for any suggestions or assistance.

Last edited by CanadianMike; Feb 2, 2024 at 12:40 am
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:31 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond
You need to pick up and check in your luggage again if you fly in with an airline other than SAS or Norwegian
Cloud Lounger likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
SK to SK does not require collection of luggage.

https://avinor.no/en/airport/oslo-ai...estic-transfer

For you it was correct, but for your brother the journey was not same day so he would have had to reclaim luggage based on the link above.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
SK to SK does not require collection of luggage.

https://avinor.no/en/airport/oslo-ai...estic-transfer

So that point SK was correct. To the extent that you baggage tag from Air Canada does actual have your final destination, and did not have OSL as the final destination.
That was my understanding as well, thank you for the link.
The luggage person @ TOS said they thought I might have had to but I think she's incorrect.

Luggage was tagged through to TOS. I have photos of the tags.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
That was my understanding as well, thank you for the link.
The luggage person @ TOS said they thought I might have had to but I think she's incorrect.

Luggage was tagged through to TOS. I have photos of the tags.
​​​​​​
Edited my post above. There is a requirement for being same day connection it seems.
CanadianMike likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Edited my post above. There is a requirement for being same day connection it seems.
Thanks for clarifying... We / he were misinformed then re: his situation and itinerary.
We've filed the claims. Anything else we can do but wait? Or is it likely the bag is lost and they won't recover it given it's likely outside security, somewhere?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OSL international baggage claim is inside a secure area accessible only to arriving passengers. They want people to collect their bags and pass customs.

https://avinor.no/contentassets/3369...t-arrivals.pdf

Your (oversized) bags are probably lying at the service desk storage area (between yellow 24 and purple 23) awaiting their fate to go on the next flight to TOS that has space. Note that the space for ski equipment is limited in the cargo hold, so they probably are fitting it in to the next possible flight with space.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
OSL international baggage claim is inside a secure area accessible only to arriving passengers. They want people to collect their bags and pass customs.

https://avinor.no/contentassets/3369...t-arrivals.pdf

Your (oversized) bags are probably lying at the service desk storage area (between yellow 24 and purple 23) awaiting their fate to go on the next flight to TOS that has space. Note that the space for ski equipment is limited in the cargo hold, so they probably are fitting it in to the next possible flight with space.
Back a couple of years ago when LH lost our bags between FRA and OSL, the next day when the luggage arrived, we were able to somehow go to the service center on the side where you collect your luggage. I forget how we did that, perhaps we talked to someone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.