Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Schedule Change Support & Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Schedule Change Support & Discussions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Sorry one more question - is this a cause for concern? Not sure why I'd be seeing this after my rebooking. Do I actually need to contact SAS? And if so, what is it about? Thanks!

Old Dec 19, 2023, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely you have not entered your passport details yet. Can be done at check-in or during OLCI.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pharmflyer
Sorry one more question - is this a cause for concern? Not sure why I'd be seeing this after my rebooking. Do I actually need to contact SAS? And if so, what is it about? Thanks!

I would call them and explain the error you have received. You can ask them what travel documents are missing? It might be that they have rebooked, but not confirmed your reservation. They could have gotten you FF number incorrect. Probably easy enough for them to fix, but don't leave it. Best to call/chat and get it addressed right away.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Arg - IAD-CPH-IAD switched to A330 from A350. Our seats in Plus carried over but now they still are row 22 which is a row without a window per Aerolopa. And it won't let me move them online since there is now a charge for seats.

Happened on a different ticket a few weeks ago. I guess I will have to call AGAIN. I am assuming change of equipment means they will move my seats no-charge since the ticket was booked / seats assigned prior to the charge for seat assignment. They balked at first on the other ticket - in fact denied there was a change from an CRJ900 to A320. Took multiple calls. But on that one I lost the seats this time I do still have seats, just not the seats I would have picked.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...

Originally Posted by dark_phoenix
I would call them and explain the error you have received. You can ask them what travel documents are missing? It might be that they have rebooked, but not confirmed your reservation. They could have gotten you FF number incorrect. Probably easy enough for them to fix, but don't leave it. Best to call/chat and get it addressed right away.
I still get the same message. When I spoke to them before they said not to worry about it.... I might check again.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by dark_phoenix
I spoke with them today and they said "Due to the changes the cancelled flight caused the system thinks that payment is required for seating. This is not the case for you, but the system is not programmed to read that correctly. You can just ignore this message, you still have your selected seats."

They said it shouldn't cause issues with check in. Does that sound right?

Both our passport info and frequent flyer info is correct.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:53 pm

I spoke with them today and they said "Due to the changes the cancelled flight caused the system thinks that payment is required for seating. This is not the case for you, but the system is not programmed to read that correctly. You can just ignore this message, you still have your selected seats."

They said it shouldn't cause issues with check in. Does that sound right?

Both our passport info and frequent flyer info is correct.
I got a similar response today.... I was told that there is a waiver code in all PNRs that were ticketed prior to the date they started charging for seat assignments. And they changed my seats no problem. Great agent.

Interesting thing is that the email sent confirming the update came from Cyprus and the font looked like old style airport printout!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:12 am

Upcoming HEL-ARN-ORD switched to HEL-CPH-ORD for the same day but with a much longer layover. My only experience with calling in after schedule change was on a weird itinerary to TFS that had no flexibility. Has anyone had success changing dates after a schedule change? Ideally, we'd push it back a couple days.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
Has anyone had success changing dates after a schedule change? Ideally, we'd push it back a couple days.
My experience one year ago was that it is no issue, given you request the change within of 14 days after SK changed the itinerary.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: SAS EB, Kenya Asante, Qatar PC
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
Upcoming HEL-ARN-ORD switched to HEL-CPH-ORD for the same day but with a much longer layover. My only experience with calling in after schedule change was on a weird itinerary to TFS that had no flexibility. Has anyone had success changing dates after a schedule change? Ideally, we'd push it back a couple days.
it shouldnt be a problem
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:20 pm

Expiration on refund when SAS flight is changed?

I booked 2 biz seats on SAS, LAX to LHR, late last year. Around the New Year, I received an email stating that my return flight was now ~22 hours later on the following day. I booked another night at a refundable hotel, but the whole setup including the new 6:40am departure are not ideal.

Since then, comparable flights have gotten more reasonable and I can go on another carrier for a reasonable premium. The button to request a refund is still working on my reservation. Do I need to worry on whether I will receive a full refund if it's been nearly 4 months since the flight change?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
You would be deemed to have accepted the change by now, and any cancellation from the website by now would likely had reverted to cancelling based on your original fare rules. Whether the EU rules has a condition for how long the cancellation offer should be available, and when the airline can say that silence is an accept of the change I don't know. But I would definitely call before clicking cancel on the website. The cancel button always work. But it will also show you a potential refund before you accept to process the cancellation.

I know JAL gives me two weeks, and then will deem the change accepted.
911anh likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:32 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Can confirm you only get 14 days on SAS to accept changes made by the airline. Pretty standard for most airlines (I have experienced this with LH, TP, and ANA).
At this point, the change/refund rules associated with your ticket apply
911anh likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by 911anh
I booked 2 biz seats on SAS, LAX to LHR, late last year. Around the New Year, I received an email stating that my return flight was now ~22 hours later on the following day. I booked another night at a refundable hotel, but the whole setup including the new 6:40am departure are not ideal.

Since then, comparable flights have gotten more reasonable and I can go on another carrier for a reasonable premium. The button to request a refund is still working on my reservation. Do I need to worry on whether I will receive a full refund if it's been nearly 4 months since the flight change?
Since your ticket originates in the USA, I'd press the issue. SAS can create a 14 day rule out of thin air for other markets, but there's no time limitation for accepting/refusing a schedule change for USA itineraries (and DOT and file charge back against SK if they try any nonsense with you).
911anh likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Since your ticket originates in the USA, I'd press the issue. SAS can create a 14 day rule out of thin air for other markets, but there's no time limitation for accepting/refusing a schedule change for USA itineraries (and DOT and file charge back against SK if they try any nonsense with you).
Do you have a link to the DOT rules for that? What I have seen on DOT rules for significant delays are surprisingly vague. Though often so is the airlines' communications of the schedule changes, which is probably more likely to be what helps the consumers than the DOT's rules.
dark_phoenix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.