Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Conscious Traveler Program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I found GO BIO tickets to have the best value per basic points right now on short haul, even without the 5000 bonus points. They are a few percent cheaper per mile than PLUS BIO tickets. (of course a PLUS ticket has catering, if you care, and it also earns more miles net in total, so if it saves you an extra flight to requalify, it might be beneficial).

I did not check how things look on long haul.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: SK *G
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Single booking, it seems the points earned are relative to the ticket price. You can just pull it up on the SAS site.
This looks like a case where the points calculator in the booking flow is potentially broken? According to the points earning table, the highest-earning Plus Pro Bio tickets earn 1600 points in Scandinavia, and 2700 points between Scandinavia and Europe. So for ARN-CPH-BRU-OSL-ARN in Plus Pro Bio you'd get 2x 1.600 and 2x 2.700, totalling 8600 points. With the Gold/Diamond earning bonus of 25%, that's still 'only' 10.750 points total.
I've seen the calculator give wrong estimates before, which is why I trust the earnings table more than the calculator

Originally Posted by SK2751
I did not check how things look on long haul.
There are no Bio tickets on longhaul (yet?).
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:36 am

I have not looked into the tables for a wrong time, but the calculator does depend both on the BIOness of the ticket and the fare bucket. More expensive tickets get more points. Recently I have not seen mistakes in the calculator, at least for the tickets are buy. They all credited exactly like the calculator says.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by stevew817
This looks like a case where the points calculator in the booking flow is potentially broken? According to the points earning table, the highest-earning Plus Pro Bio tickets earn 1600 points in Scandinavia, and 2700 points between Scandinavia and Europe. So for ARN-CPH-BRU-OSL-ARN in Plus Pro Bio you'd get 2x 1.600 and 2x 2.700, totalling 8600 points. With the Gold/Diamond earning bonus of 25%, that's still 'only' 10.750 points total.
I've seen the calculator give wrong estimates before, which is why I trust the earnings table more than the calculator
I don't know if its wrong though even at 10.7k points (marginal difference) its a very quick way to achieve status. Throw in 4 and some credit card spend and you're gold, 8 and you're Diamond. It could help CPH-Flyer with his qualification choices.

I might go ahead and book this one and see what the actual earnings turn out to be.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:56 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Single booking, it seems the points earned are relative to the ticket price. You can just pull it up on the SAS site.

That explains it You routing had AMS at the end, but with ARN it all make sense. Plus Pro ans Pro Bio can Indeed make a lot of sende on those types of itenaries.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:44 pm

This is about 0.67 DKK per point, which is a good price. The price per mile is probably slightly lower for GO SMART BIO (the best prices I have seen so far are around 0.61 DKK per point, without any special promotion on current fares with gold bonus; but then being GO fares they require flying more, even though it comes out marginally cheaper)
Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

It is not a bad option, but the pricing I see out of Copenhagen, that is my private visit to Europe base, has so far made a Go Bio and a lowest bid to Plus (which so far have cleared) the cheapest basic point options. Though I would wish I had more option to take advantage of the SEK's position in making it cheaper and quicker.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I got a step for a Go Bio flight, but the added voluntary bio fuel addition did not trigger a step yet. Let's see if it comes.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I got a step for a Go Bio flight, but the added voluntary bio fuel addition did not trigger a step yet. Let's see if it comes.
5 days later, the step for voluntary added biofuel popped up. So it works, it is just kind of slow.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:26 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
5 days later, the step for voluntary added biofuel popped up. So it works, it is just kind of slow.
Still waiting for the acknowledgement of voluntary added biofuel after 5 days. Looks like you only get 1 step per booking no matter how many units were bought or how many flights were taken.

EB shop can take up to 35 days, will make a test purchase once the website maintenance is done.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Still waiting for the acknowledgement of voluntary added biofuel after 5 days. Looks like you only get 1 step per booking no matter how many units were bought or how many flights were taken.

EB shop can take up to 35 days, will make a test purchase once the website maintenance is done.
Indeed only one step per booking whether you add minimum or maximum amount of biofuel. I did complete an order for two products, to see if the count as two as the website indicates.

I had not noticed the 35 days.....
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:45 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I wonder if one could just ask CS to split the reservation into two one-ways to get some extra steps...
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:54 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I wonder if one could just ask CS to split the reservation into two one-ways to get some extra steps...
There is a way around this. Apparently if you buy more biofuel between segments you can get steps for each segment. I have not tried it myself but widely reported in Scandinavian forums.
the810, SK2751, Nick Art and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:18 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chrisljo
There is a way around this. Apparently if you buy more biofuel between segments you can get steps for each segment. I have not tried it myself but widely reported in Scandinavian forums.
Having some flights tomorrow, I'll give it a try and report back
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by chrisljo
I did exactly this, got my first 500 points and step yesterday which was at T+5 days from the outbound. Will report back on Friday when the points and step from the return leg should post. Guess I should go read bc.com

UPDATE: Received the 500 points and step for both legs. Outbound on Thursday, return on Sunday. Bought the block for the return leg on Saturday which was before the first step posted.

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Apr 19, 2024 at 8:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.