Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EuroBonus to merge into FlyingBlue? [Unconfirmed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EuroBonus to merge into FlyingBlue? [Unconfirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Matin
That would be really good if that’s the case… however, I have seen on different pages emphasis on “departure”

I'm FB plat aswell and can confirm that one can use the AMS lounges on arrival.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
That would be really good if that’s the case… however, I have seen on different pages emphasis on “departure”
It is a lesser known benefit and I don’t believe it is listed anywhere. It only applies to the AMS KL lounges, there is no arrival access in the CDG AF lounges.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Arpoador
It is a lesser known benefit and I don’t believe it is listed anywhere. It only applies to the AMS KL lounges, there is no arrival access in the CDG AF lounges.
AF used to have an arrival lounge in CDG, but it has been closed for a good while and never opened after covid.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stil
AF used to have an arrival lounge in CDG, but it has been closed for a good while and never opened after covid.
Correct. The AF arrivals lounge in CDG is gone, and there are no current plans to open a new one.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
The most underated FB benefit is the silver one to get free luggage even on light Y fares which to my knowledge *A does not do.

The platinum service line is also often underated, and a truly first class service.

Plat is also the only way you can get La Premičre tickets without using cash, an experience most say is three times better than LH first, and a lot more inaccessible.

So it's not all doom and gloom on the ST side, each programme has some perks and some downsides.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Merger of EB into FlyingBlue has also been undersigned in the recent investment contract.

AFKLM has to own more than 50% of shares which would happen sometime in 2025 at the earliest considering all the hurdles ahead of SAS such as bankruptcy procedures, regulatory approvals, etc.

I believe it would be a devaluation for Diamond members to be matched with Platinum and lose two key benefits of Free Drinks and Lounge on Arrival. However, earning Gold/Platinum is much easier in FB compared to LH/AY and currently EuroBonus.
Don’t forget the very useful (for some people at least) free same day change to earlier/later flight.

But I will appreciate the cross alliance free preferred seating.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

It will be interesting to see if Ultimate becomes a SK recognised status or if it will remain an AFKL status only, as is the case now.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
The most underated FB benefit is the silver one to get free luggage even on light Y fares which to my knowledge *A does not do.

The platinum service line is also often underated, and a truly first class service.

Plat is also the only way you can get La Premičre tickets without using cash, an experience most say is three times better than LH first, and a lot more inaccessible.

So it's not all doom and gloom on the ST side, each programme has some perks and some downsides.
I’d say it all comes down to ease and frequency in utilising perks.
For example, free checked-luggage in any fare class or advance seat reservation are easy to utilise, but special CS line for Platinum or a premium award flight are rarely used since they need other requirements!

Personally I find all three benefits of EB Diamond over Gold easy to use at all times.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I totally agree the Platinum/Premium service line here in DK is outstanding. After many years of flying I can hands down say that they are the best and most professional agents I have ever dealt with.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Stil
One thing EB/G/D/P flying SK has to consider are the fact that AF/KL-FB offers lounges at outstations for elites and fast track a lot of places for their own elites flying Y.
If SK will have to align, it's not all bad.
As a FBG in that system I think it works well for status chasing(although it comes naturally with my travel pattern).

They always have working priority boarding. If it says Sky Priority on the boarding pass I can expect to have priority boarding.

On the other hand I'm not thrilled by how I'm supposed to earn miles so that's where i will be watching this 'merger'.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by chrisljo
Don’t forget the very useful (for some people at least) free same day change to earlier/later flight.
That is a nice feature. Just today I used SDC (on Alaska though) to get an upgrade to First Class.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Netherlines
Platinum for Life sounds nice but it's useless.Just like my status EBD,the only good thing about is it the free rebooking on an earlier or later flight.

Flying Blue is a weak programme,i've been Gold and Platinum at FB,there was no difference.Even some high rollers here on FT that are FB Ultimates say so and some of them have actually shifted their business towards the LHG and become a Hon Circle member.

I certainly won't be jumpin' for joy if and when my EBD Status will be matched to FB Platinum.
I am not jumping for joy either 🙃

I am thinking pragmatically. If we were to get some kind of lifetime status and I was not happy with the programme, at least I couöd build my status in other programmes without having to focus on this ome. That's why I would like to have lifetime status at the beginning.
Passmethesickbag likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:02 am

I except that any status will be available for purchase sooner rather than later.
It's revenue that counts and revenue only.Eurobonus is one of the last programms in which status can be obtained through segments.That will end soon.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Netherlines
I except that any status will be available for purchase sooner rather than later.
It's revenue that counts and revenue only.Eurobonus is one of the last programms in which status can be obtained through segments.That will end soon.
It is pretty close to already being for sale in Sweden, get the right credit cards, and buy some basic points at the end of the year, how much do you actually need to fly before you have EBG? Not much.

Segments is a funny size, and requires some very specific flying patterns to achieve. I have been way above EBG segment requirements, but then always even further above points requirements. There is a group of people flying mainly domestic routes, or short European routes that qualify on segments, but I am not sure they would be worse off by revenue requirements.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is pretty close to already being for sale in Sweden, get the right credit cards, and buy some basic points at the end of the year, how much do you actually need to fly before you have EBG? Not much.

Segments is a funny size, and requires some very specific flying patterns to achieve. I have been way above EBG segment requirements, but then always even further above points requirements. There is a group of people flying mainly domestic routes, or short European routes that qualify on segments, but I am not sure they would be worse off by revenue requirements.
In the case of FB you will be better of with the XP count for EU/intra Nordic travel.
36 segments for FB Gold.
45 segments for SK Gold.

My valuation of FBG vs. SKG with a intra EU flying pattern of deeply discounted Y.
FBG will win as they offer lounges on basically all outstations in Europe.

If you fly domestic FB will be worthless as the threshold for Gold will be 90 segment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.