Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Gold (EBG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Gold (EBG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DanishFlyer
Newly minted gold here.
In July I am travelling with a friend. We are on the same ticket, flying SK CPH-BCN and return.
I know I can guest her into the lounge.
Can I guest her through fast track at CPH? At BCN?
Thanks
-DanishFlyer
It is fine in Copenhagen, I doubt SK offers fast track in BCN.
DanishFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: EuroBonus
Thank you!
it may be moot, as a third person also travelling put with us is silver, and it seems like the silver summer perks are not running anymore.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
BCN T1 has Star Alliance Gold Track Security listed on a * Alliance website as being applicable at “Fast Lane” for departures except Croatia Airlines. *G + travel party members on same itinerary has worked for me with Gold Fast Track at other airports at least.
Tomas E likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have no experience with BCN, but fast track was denied for my companion at MXP, LIN and CDG in recent months. Outstations are less likely to provide the benefit vs. core *A airports.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
BCN T1 has Star Alliance Gold Track Security listed on a * Alliance website as being applicable at “Fast Lane” for departures except Croatia Airlines. *G + travel party members on same itinerary has worked for me with Gold Fast Track at other airports at least.
Sounds suspiciously like an airport managed fast track, like the ones that SK opted to stop paying for. But if it is indeed labelled with a Star Alliance Gold Track logo in the airport, then it will be fine. I have not been to Barcelona in quite a while.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Actually, fast track for guests is not a published *G benefit as far as I know. However in many places a polite request with a smile to the fast track staff has allowed me to guest my travel companions. It is always a bit awkward warning them that I do not know whether it will work, but I often try. Even in CPH, at SK Fast Track, I was once told that they "allow this exceptionally" for my guest. So just a warning, but in my experience this works more often than not.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Well, this is SAS so it's complicated:
  • When using SAS Fast Track and flying on SAS, one guest is officially permitted for EBG/EBD.
  • When using SAS Fast Track and flying on another Star Alliance carrier, only you can use the fast track.
  • When using Star Alliance Gold Track, you officially don't get any guests but some airlines do apply fast track parameter to the BP of companion on the same reservation.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by the810
Well, this is SAS so it's complicated:
  • When using SAS Fast Track and flying on SAS, one guest is officially permitted for EBG/EBD.
  • When using SAS Fast Track and flying on another Star Alliance carrier, only you can use the fast track.
  • When using Star Alliance Gold Track, you officially don't get any guests but some airlines do apply fast track parameter to the BP of companion on the same reservation.
When using SAS Fast Track and flying on another Star Alliance carrier, only you can use the fast track. (and the flight has to be credited to EB, i.e. you can't fly TK and the BP saying that you credit the flight to TK)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by the810
It was officially up to the Star Alliance airline how they decide to handle Star Gold’s companions with regard to priority security, whether those same-flight companions were on the same PNR or otherwise. If that has changed since c. 2014/2015, it would be news to me.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is *A Gold Track at BCN. So it works there too.

Edit:
I now see that this has been discussed already - for some reason the later posts didn't show up in my browser until after I posted... Sorry!
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: EuroBonus
Originally Posted by DanishFlyer
Newly minted gold here.
In July I am travelling with a friend. We are on the same ticket, flying SK CPH-BCN and return.
I know I can guest her into the lounge.
Can I guest her through fast track at CPH? At BCN?
Thanks
-DanishFlyer
Just to follow up - I guested my friend in sane booking through fast track at CPH and into the lounge too.

At BCN I could not guest her through fast track. And although the check-in agent directed us to a lounge Pau Casals, that lounge does not actually contract with SAS, and told us that there is no SAS lounge access at BCN.

Anyway, a short delay and we should be home this evening.

-DanishFlyer
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Targeted fast track to EBG

I received an email the other day offering a fast track to Gold (currently Silver, previously long term Gold). The weird thing is that in the email it said 5 flights by end May, while on the web page I registered it said 3. Has anyone else received this offer, and if so did you see the same things? TBH I’m not sure I can be bothered unless I can find three (or five) very cheap flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.