Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

I am going to admit it - I like the new SAS app [SAS App and Website Discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am going to admit it - I like the new SAS app [SAS App and Website Discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
No, all SAS flights (although some of them might be under Connect/Link/whatever).
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:59 am

already problematic. I don't earn on SAS eurobonus, I used UA MP. Although SAS will let you choose UA MP from a drop down as your earning mileage program, the keyboard only has numbers (and UA FF# have letters). Even cutting and pasting won't work because it will automatically delete the letters. Replacing the letters with the corresponding numbers on the numeric key pad doesn't work either. Who designed this and didn't bother to see that their airline partners don't just use numbers for their FF program IDs?? I guess will need to wait for the app update and claim miles to UA manually in the meantime...

Last edited by IAD1k; Dec 9, 2022 at 7:59 am
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:27 am

Can you not check in via the website in the meantime and then just download your boarding passes through the app?
chessman likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Can you not check in via the website in the meantime and then just download your boarding passes through the app?
This is under "my profile" section. my flight is not until January.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:17 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by IAD1k
already problematic. I don't earn on SAS eurobonus, I used UA MP. Although SAS will let you choose UA MP from a drop down as your earning mileage program, the keyboard only has numbers (and UA FF# have letters). Even cutting and pasting won't work because it will automatically delete the letters. Replacing the letters with the corresponding numbers on the numeric key pad doesn't work either. Who designed this and didn't bother to see that their airline partners don't just use numbers for their FF program IDs?? I guess will need to wait for the app update and claim miles to UA manually in the meantime...
Make sure to open an App support ticket detailing the bug directly in the app to get it fixed faster.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by IAD1k
This is under "my profile" section. my flight is not until January.
Ah. Then you'll be able to add the FF# at check-in, so at least no need to manually chase miles afterwards.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
The feature allowing you to see all flights of the aircraft you are going to board is really cool. I already used it several times to estimate chances of delays. Especially in the large hubs, it is now possible to see on which flight number your aircraft is arriving. And very easily so, with just a few clicks.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by SK2751
The feature allowing you to see all flights of the aircraft you are going to board is really cool. I already used it several times to estimate chances of delays. Especially in the large hubs, it is now possible to see on which flight number your aircraft is arriving. And very easily so, with just a few clicks.
Is this something visible after check-in? I can't seem to find this but it's possible it's my IT skills playing me a trick.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:37 am

It's super well hidden. I do not have any flights booked in the coming days so cannot confirm, but I believe it shows up a few days in advance at the very bottom of the trip page. I do not think one needs to be checked in, but cannot be 100% sure. It is pretty cool to see how "your" aircraft is advancing throughout the day, from where it is coming, and how much time it has for the rotation. For me it was particularly useful in CPH and ARN, but also in outstations it allows you to quickly assess whether there will be a delay, quite a bit earlier than it is actually announced.

Another cool feature is the live progress of boarding on the front page. You can see whether the boarding system has been opened, and what is the percentage of the passengers that have boarded. Has helped me to decide to speed up my walk to the gate, and once on board helps to know earlier whether the boarding is completed.

Things are hard to find in this app - the creative and very dynamic design is my only complaint. The old app was organized much more logically. I think it took me two weeks to realize there is a tab bar in the bottom that helps navigation. The white background kinda makes it blend with the rest of the page. But it does look good.

Last edited by SK2751; Dec 16, 2022 at 10:05 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 16, 2022, 4:41 am

Sounds very good. I have flights coming up this weekend so I will have a thorough look.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:41 am

I must say I don't like when the front page of the app say I should go to gate when the flight is already cancelled. I didn't manage to do the checks I wanted so then I could have seen this was going to end badly.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by SK2751
In two years of flying SAS quite intensively, I’ve noticed that FlightRadar24 list a/c registrations for upcoming SAS flights much earlier when they’re operated by CityJet or XFly. Usually the day before, whereas SAS and SAS Connect aircraft tend not to be allocated (or confirmed as being allocated) until some hours before departure. I wonder if operating practices are different, or if FlightRadar24 just wasn’t getting the info earlier.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
In two years of flying SAS quite intensively, I’ve noticed that FlightRadar24 list a/c registrations for upcoming SAS flights much earlier when they’re operated by CityJet or XFly. Usually the day before, whereas SAS and SAS Connect aircraft tend not to be allocated (or confirmed as being allocated) until some hours before departure. I wonder if operating practices are different, or if FlightRadar24 just wasn’t getting the info earlier.
I don't think that it is a reflection of the true planning of the aircrafts, but rather of when the information is filed where flightradar24 can obtain it. Fleet planning is far more long term and regular than that. Barring any unexpected maintenance down time, you can see the same cycles being repeated over and over again.

For various reasons I was looking at the 787 use on JAL's Saigon route pre pandemic. The aircraft would go HND-SGN-NRT-YVR-NRT-SGN-HND-PEK-HND, then have a bit of down time, repeat the cycle. After second cycle down time it would move to another cycle.
​​​​​​

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 18, 2022 at 5:49 am
Old Dec 18, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I must say I don't like when the front page of the app say I should go to gate when the flight is already cancelled. I didn't manage to do the checks I wanted so then I could have seen this was going to end badly.
Right. There is many bugs of this kind, when flights are cancelled or you are rebook, it tends to force info from your original route on you, while you cannot get all the same info for your new routing. Especially if the schedules of the cancelled and new flights overlap. It seems that basically once you check in on a flight, the app insists on dragging you through that flight even if it has been cancelled or you have been taken off it. The problems seem to persist until the scheduled arrival time of the cancelled flight. The old app was suffering from some of similar problems as well.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For some of the Scandinavian airports, SAS has added security line wait times to the app.
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.