Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Amsterdam (AMS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Amsterdam (AMS)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:06 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
AMS seems to be have drastically sized up their security, it also helps that both Schengen and non-Schengen effectively use the same security now even though you get routed differently but end up in the same area post security. I also see them trust their security equipment more, AMS used to be one of few airports where my carry-on luggage would get additional screening 99,99999999% of the time but that has stopped since about a year ago and they just go through. I could never figure out why, it didn't in other airports but their more paranoid attitude caused more delays in security. These days you see much fewer luggage getting routed for additional manual inspection.

Now if they could only do the same on transfer security it would be an even better airport.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
AMS used to be one of few airports where my carry-on luggage would get additional screening 99,99999999% of the time but that has stopped since about a year ago and they just go through.
Ditto — and it used to take quite some time to “clear” (i.e. to be checked) because of the backlog, adding at least an extra 10/15 minutes (all being well). Thankfully, just a couple of re-occurrences this year, including a few weeks back when the operator didn’t even check the liquids bag, he just asked me to open a random pocket in my laptop backpack and that was it, “Enjoy your flight”.

G
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gojko88
Transiting through AMS on Monday morning, will report back. Really weird how they randomly open and close a whole lounge.
I confirm that the *A lounge was closed this morning as well. I went to the Aspire lounge for 15-20 mins, if only to grab a Coke Zero and recharge my phone a bit. When I was exiting (around 10 am), there were no less than 30-40 people in the queue for the lounge, I've never seen such a thing outside the US.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 1:34 am

Closed again this morning 09.30 Local time.

I went down a level for a quick coffee in the peaceful Privium Express Lounge before another flight up to CPH.
Another poor load factor(60%) on the 32N operated by Connect this time.

Last edited by Netherlines; Sep 22, 2023 at 2:20 am
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:32 am

27-Sep-23, 12:27PM.

Very quiet (as of number of people), ideal environment if it wasn’t for the usual international businessmen entertaining the remaining souls with their crucial calls. One can only imagine the dire state in which the economy would be without such individuals…

G
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:13 am

Haha,an open bat gets rewarded and a six added to the board!! Otherwise it would've been straight back to the Aspire pavillion for a duck
I won't be flying home to AMS after all,first time i used the Diamond perk with a same day rebooking.They did more than they should have here in Oslo because it's a flight to CPH instead of AMS!!Terrific service by SAS today
AlicorporateUK and Nick Art like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Netherlines
[…] Aspire pavillion […]
As usual and also reported by other folks, the queue to access the zoo lounge was insane…

I won't be flying home to AMS after all
Possibly an all-time-first but I nearly felt bad to leave [Amsterdam] today: ideal weather, not too crowded and I even managed to head for a long walk through Oeverlanden Park/Olympisch Stadion before heading to Schiphol. Oh well, back in a few days’ time.

G
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Was travelling home from AMS on Wed, Oct 5th.

Couldn't get into the Asipre Lounge because I tried to use it 3h30 minutes before departure. It was crowded, but not excessively so when I looked in before being turned away.

Went for a coffee and headed back after 30-40 minutes on the off chance that the *A would be open. Luckily it was. Was an absolutely great experience in the lounge. Relatively quiet..no one shouting over each other on conference calls. Great food selection.

Briefly went over to peek into the Aspire Lounge. I almost wanted to thank the dragon guarding entry into Aspire fotr turning me away. If I had gotten entry, I would have missed out on the better lounge experience next door.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 9:01 am

9-Oct-2023, 4:55PM, open and luckily* so.

*I’m flying LO (C) as usual tonight and their onboard catering is not entirely the best, the lounge will at least provide a decent bite together with a glass (or 3).

G
Netherlines likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
9-Oct-2023, 4:55PM, open and luckily* so.

*I’m flying LO (C) as usual tonight and their onboard catering is not entirely the best, the lounge will at least provide a decent bite together with a glass (or 3).

G
Indeed but LOT make up for their poor on board catering in C with excellent ground services in WAW.The Elite lounge in WAW has excellent offerings and when flying an ERJ a private minibus is offered for C pax when the aircraft is parked at a remote stand.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:01 am

Indeed but LOT make up for their poor on board catering in C with excellent ground services in WAW.The Elite lounge in WAW has excellent offerings and when flying an ERJ a private minibus is offered for C pax when the aircraft is parked at a remote stand.
Erm… Yes (without a doubt) to the lounge(s), not really in terms of ground service. My own personal data-point (which I regularly ad nauseam) share on the relevant thread translates to: over 70 flights (all at the front of the bus and pretty much since they started operating to-and-from SJJ/Sarajevo back at the end of March i.e. IATA summer), the mini-van was deployed possibly no more than 5 times (I was either connecting from AMS or LHR, 78M). 90% you get a remote stand which, as a C/SEN passenger, is as useless as it gets (sitting in 1D you often have to argue in order to place your hand-luggage within reasonable distance and not above 6A…).

G
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Erm… Yes (without a doubt) to the lounge(s), not really in terms of ground service. My own personal data-point (which I regularly ad nauseam) share on the relevant thread translates to: over 70 flights (all at the front of the bus and pretty much since they started operating to-and-from SJJ/Sarajevo back at the end of March i.e. IATA summer), the mini-van was deployed possibly no more than 5 times (I was either connecting from AMS or LHR, 78M). 90% you get a remote stand which, as a C/SEN passenger, is as useless as it gets (sitting in 1D you often have to argue in order to place your hand-luggage within reasonable distance and not above 6A…).

G
my last 3 flights from VNO had a minivan waiting for me at WAW.I guess just a bit lucky then because to my knowledge there's no additional service for hon in.WAW
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:30 am

my last 3 flights from VNO had a minivan waiting for me at WAW.I guess just a bit lucky then because to my knowledge there's no additional service for hon in.WAW
Sheer luck. I think there’s no particular logic behind the service, possibly just the availability of those mini-vans at certain times of the day. I initially thought it had to do (at least partially) with the number of connecting passengers travelling in business from certain routes (e.g. LHR) which tend to be busier than others, however on more than one occasion I was the only pax to benefit from the unpublished “perk” so, again, I would attempt a guess and say that it is merely all down to “transport availability”.

P.S.: HONs get the car transfer at WAW.

G
Netherlines likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Sorry if this question has been asked already, but we are travelling AMS-CPH in J class on SAS Connect, with no *A status. Will we have access to any lounges?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Does your ticket say SAS Plus or SAS Business? If so, then yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.