Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Amsterdam (AMS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Amsterdam (AMS)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Im in the *A lounge now. UA*G on a SAS Plus ticket. I have to say, this lounge is a nice space, but the food offerings are quite basic.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Is the AMS Star Alliance Lounge open consistantly now, or is it still sometimes closed due to staffing issues (as per earlier in this thread)?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I used the Star Alliance lounge in AMS a month ago. At least that day (a Thursday afternoon/evening) it looked very normal.
Paella747 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:48 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Originally Posted by Milkman
I used the Star Alliance lounge in AMS a month ago. At least that day (a Thursday afternoon/evening) it looked very normal.
Donk yooo vell........
Old May 9, 2023, 1:03 am

The Star Gold Lounge is closed again due to staff shortages this Tuesday..
I'm sitting in the Aspire Lounge next door which is a complete zoo..
Privium Express Lounge was standing only again..Privium has too many new members and it's showing..The catering is still good but the premium feel has gone over the past months unfortunately.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It just doesn't sound like *A is making an effort, there is no reason to have staff shortages in AMS that prevent opening a lounge. The KL lounge next door is actually very well staffed for a lounge, there is a constant stream of fresh food, cleaning, collecting plates etc. No issues in the non-Schengen lounges either.
Old May 9, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Netherlines
The Star Gold Lounge is closed again due to staff shortages this Tuesday..
I'm sitting in the Aspire Lounge next door which is a complete zoo..
Privium Express Lounge was standing only again..Privium has too many new members and it's showing..The catering is still good but the premium feel has gone over the past months unfortunately.
It was also closed yesterday (Monday) at least in the evening when I was there, due to staffing issues.
Old May 9, 2023, 5:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Closed today.
Old May 9, 2023, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
It just doesn't sound like *A is making an effort, there is no reason to have staff shortages in AMS that prevent opening a lounge. The KL lounge next door is actually very well staffed for a lounge, there is a constant stream of fresh food, cleaning, collecting plates etc. No issues in the non-Schengen lounges either.
Well,i have to agree with you at least today it looked calm compared to the dump that has become Privium Lounge West and the Express Lounge as Netherlines correctly Stated.The Aspire Lounge is just appalling too so the best option for Lounge visits in AMS is to depart from Düsseldorf
Old May 9, 2023, 12:48 pm

To make matters worse the Gold Lounge in CPH had a tasty lunch option this afternoon for the first time ever!!

If one of the worst lounges in Europe can serve some decent food it shows how bad the lounge situation at Schiphol Airport really is.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Star Gold Lounge in AMS will be permanently closed in the near future.

The chaos of the past year at Schiphol may have been sorted but the Airport is showing it's age and feels more run down with each visit.
the810 likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 3:19 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
To make matters worse the Gold Lounge in CPH had a tasty lunch option this afternoon for the first time ever!!

If one of the worst lounges in Europe can serve some decent food it shows how bad the lounge situation at Schiphol Airport really is.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Star Gold Lounge in AMS will be permanently closed in the near future.

The chaos of the past year at Schiphol may have been sorted but the Airport is showing it's age and feels more run down with each visit.
I'll chastise myself for going slightly OT a bit here:

You mean the bio chicken?

I've seen it on offer regularly and it's probably my favourite of the repeating options, which include penne, pasta, meatballs, vegan meatballs, falafel? and the chicken.

I was in the CPH this morning and this evening, we must have just missed each other We really need a lounge meeting thread here in the SAS forums!
Old May 9, 2023, 11:07 pm

Correct,the Falafel was present and that horrible smell that normally intoxicates the whole lounge was not there yesterday.
I normally commute evenings only in CPH,i prefer rhe outbound flight through OSL so i was pleasantly surprised with the lunch options.So well done SAS for putting in a bit of effort.Tasty food means happy customers.
It's hardly rocket science!!
Old May 10, 2023, 5:07 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by VLMCommuter
Well,i have to agree with you at least today it looked calm compared to the dump that has become Privium Lounge West and the Express Lounge as Netherlines correctly Stated.The Aspire Lounge is just appalling too so the best option for Lounge visits in AMS is to depart from Düsseldorf

I actually really like the *A lounge at AMS, the times I've been there when it was open, I enjoyed reasonable food, great beer (Leffe) and a nice view since its on the top floor of the airport. Regardless of the rest of the state of AMS, the airport is still one of my favorite places in Europe to layover because its pretty efficient and doesn't enforce security checks on schengen to non-schengen transfers for 90% or so of my travel. Not sure if anything comes close, perhaps ZRH but it adds an hour on the ARN leg. There aren't many airports where I have successfully made < 20 minute connections that involve passport control.

Right now the situation seems just one of interest or lack of management. There aren't any actual limitations be it staff or anything else at AMS that prevent a lounge from operating. Even BA/CX operate their lounge without interruption.
Old May 10, 2023, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I actually really like the *A lounge at AMS, the times I've been there when it was open, I enjoyed reasonable food, great beer (Leffe) and a nice view since its on the top floor of the airport. Regardless of the rest of the state of AMS, the airport is still one of my favorite places in Europe to layover because its pretty efficient and doesn't enforce security checks on schengen to non-schengen transfers for 90% or so of my travel. Not sure if anything comes close, perhaps ZRH but it adds an hour on the ARN leg. There aren't many airports where I have successfully made < 20 minute connections that involve passport control.

Right now the situation seems just one of interest or lack of management. There aren't any actual limitations be it staff or anything else at AMS that prevent a lounge from operating. Even BA/CX operate their lounge without interruption.
I do like the *A Gold Lounge in Amsterdam,i meant the SAS Gold Lounge in CPH.Sorry if i wasn't clear.

I will check and report back this Saturday as i'm flying Reval(EE) to CPH.
Always nice with the friendly Estonian crew!
Old May 13, 2023, 1:13 am

The Star Alliance Gold lounge is open and deserted this Saturday morning.
Food tastes like it has been laying around since 6 AM
the810 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.