Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Amsterdam (AMS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Amsterdam (AMS)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
Both JAL and ANA are in trouble.

Wow! So the Y flight we flew with ANA NRT to DUS was a good UA redemption. Their service was just superb and as *G they gave us exit row at the gate and I can get my roasted green tea anytime I wanted. The tonkatsu rice was just so delicious. Since I'm so used to Scandinavian services, ANA would have to drop a lot before they can be on-par with Western airlines

CX used to be great and the ticket prices weren't even that extreme, and it's so sad to see it sink. BR is great, especially the *G treatment is amazing.
In certain aspects, ANA will never quite sink to the level of European not the US airlines, there is just a different service culture. But sadly, hojicha has been a bit of a victim of the pandemic, it is frequent that they don't stock it on long haul flights.
nacho likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum Eurobonus -Silver
Any clue on when the SA lounge will be ready in AMS? Aspire is better than nothing, but probably the new lounge will be better.
Do you know if SA lounge in Houston takes EBG flying United coach? According to SA rules they should be, but after this thread I’m starting to wonder
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Dania 1581
Any clue on when the SA lounge will be ready in AMS? Aspire is better than nothing, but probably the new lounge will be better.
Do you know if SA lounge in Houston takes EBG flying United coach? According to SA rules they should be, but after this thread I’m starting to wonder
I would expect United Club at IAH. No idea about SK G but as TK G we were able to get into UC at IAH. It's certainly not the best lounge out there. This is the official *A rule:

"Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class of travel
As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling in any class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight, you have access to any member airline lounge at the airport where your flight departs, if the following conditions are met:

You present your boarding pass of a Star Alliance member airline operated flight which departs at the same day as your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning.

If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need to also show your valid Star Alliance Gold card.

The lounge displays the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day. As of May 3, 2021, the guest must be traveling on the same flight.

If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight, not when departing on a domestic flight with United."

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum Eurobonus -Silver
Thanks a lot! That’s my expectation too
So the IAH United lounge is not good? How come? I thiught that was one of their main hubs. Good to know to tame expectations
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Dania 1581
Thanks a lot! That’s my expectation too
So the IAH United lounge is not good? How come? I thiught that was one of their main hubs. Good to know to tame expectations
It's United Club...

I guess if you like alcohol it's a great place because as far as I remember all UCs I have been to have a bar. For non-alcoholic beverage there's a soda machine and tea and coffee.

Hot offering is typically salad, soup, bread rolls. The best one I went to in ORD had nice wraps, pack of snack size lays chips. For desserts there's the typical brownie and chocolate chips cookies.

It's pretty similar to SK lounge at CPH but the SK lounge has better bread products (It's Denmark, Danes know how to make bread).
Dania 1581 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

Indeed no mention and same goes for Sarajevo. Largely OT but I've just tried with Split (another summer-only route) and Star Alliance Gold is duly listed (I've also tried Dubrovnik, ditto):

G
Interestingly SAS is the only *A airline explicitly excluded from lounge access at SPU (of course, this applies to SAS flights, not SAS cardholders - I accessed it without any issues when flying on OU, LH and OS as SK*G).
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by gojko88
Interestingly SAS is the only *A airline explicitly excluded from lounge access at SPU (of course, this applies to SAS flights, not SAS cardholders - I accessed it without any issues when flying on OU, LH and OS as SK*G).
This is the case at many airports, since SK doesn't contract lounges at European outstations, unlike other *A members.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Is the lounge at Split worth an earlier arrival at the airport? I’ve been to the airport before but never visited the lounge (Zagreb only whilst connecting). The time of year when the quality of air here in BIH becomes nasty is swiftly approaching, meaning a few trips to the seaside coming up.

G
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Is the lounge at Split worth an earlier arrival at the airport?
Absolutely not. It's one of the most basic lounges I've ever been to, comfortable enough and with a clean toilet, but with very little in the way of snacks and drinks.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:36 am

*A lounge at AMS was closed again this week (Wednesday) and the week before (Thursday). Was allowed to go to Aspire lounge instead as non-SK *G
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:46 pm

Star alliance lounge closed yesterday as well, understand due to AMS general staffing issues. Long line at Aspire next door.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
What's the deal with this staffing issue? The AMS lounge was closed last weekend to, how hard can it be to hire some folks that clear dishes and refresh food. The KL lounge seems to have plenty of staff.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
What's the deal with this staffing issue? The AMS lounge was closed last weekend to, how hard can it be to hire some folks that clear dishes and refresh food. The KL lounge seems to have plenty of staff.
It’s not hard if wanting to pay and not being all Scrooge about it. Perhaps SAS can draw inspiration from it.
nacho and AutismoSupremo like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
AMS *A lounge was open Sunday evening and more than happy to accept a SK*G pax on SK metal.

Not that it's much to write home about, it's exactly the same thing as Aspire next door just different color scheme.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I find the *A lounge to have a much better beverage and food selection, better seats and in the front, it has a decent view. The Aspire lounge is a dump.
the810 and nacho like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.