Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

ORD change of terminal from UA (bus?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM

It says that the TTB bus is suspended so you have to go airside. Is the O'Hare website updated? Is it still suspended?

If I have to go thru security again then I want to make sure that the TSA PRE works. SAS is supposedly part of the scheme now but they don't have anywhere to enter the trusted traveller number.

It's an SAS issued ticket but I have it in my UA profile so the first domestic leg on UA will have TSA PRE. So I hope the second BP for the SAS leg prints the same way.

Otherwise I would have to chase after SAS in T5. I heard that the number can only be added at check-in.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gnaget
It says that the TTB bus is suspended so you have to go airside. Is the O'Hare website updated? Is it still suspended?

If I have to go thru security again then I want to make sure that the TSA PRE works. SAS is supposedly part of the scheme now but they don't have anywhere to enter the trusted traveller number.

It's an SAS issued ticket but I have it in my UA profile so the first domestic leg on UA will have TSA PRE. So I hope the second BP for the SAS leg prints the same way.

Otherwise I would have to chase after SAS in T5. I heard that the number can only be added at check-in.
The airside TTB was still suspended this week. A very informed source has indicated that it may not be coming back until a new deal is reached.

There is TSA Precheck, but it closes at one screening checkpoint before SAS check-in cut-off, but the bigger checkpoint will have PreCheck-light or sub-PreCheckLite even after SAS boarding time for the later flight.

I’ve had SAS PreCheck boarding passes for ORD-departing SAS flights even without giving my KTN to the SAS check-in reps. I’ve been able to load the KTN before arriving at ORD.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 22, 2022 at 9:45 pm
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The airside TTB was still suspended this week. A very informed source has indicated that it may not be coming back until a new deal is reached.

There is TSA Precheck, but it closes at one screening checkpoint before SAS check-in cut-off, but the bigger checkpoint will have PreCheck-light or sub-PreCheckLite even after SAS boarding time for the later flight.

I’ve had SAS PreCheck boarding passes for ORD-departing SAS flights even without giving my KTN to the SAS check-in reps. I’ve been able to load the KTN before arriving at ORD.
Thanks for the reply. i will be there early with a nearly THREE hour layover for the CPH flight so should make any cutoffs. Assuming 19:30 at T5 then where is the best security checkpoint? I actually just realized that I have never flown from T5 at ORD on SAS or any other carrier. I have arrived a few times on SAS.

But would UA add the Preheck to both BPs when I check in with them? I would think so? That's my main worry. Does SAS online check-in let you enter a KTN?

Is Pre-check lite like at LAX Bradley where they give you a placard? There was noone there using Precheck but massive queues when I last flew from LAX. They basically roped off the peasants when they saw us coming and let us get direct access to the machines.

Last edited by gnaget; Jul 22, 2022 at 10:23 pm
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
There is only 1 security check point in ORD T5 and it is usually pretty quick. (yea yea, there are two but the other one is never open)
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Both ORD T5 screening checkpoints are open at least for a while into the time during which the SAS check-in desk is open. The main ORD T5 checkpoint — which is open way longer — can get pretty busy at times, but PreCheck cuts the wait time a lot even when ending up with PreCheck-light based on the boarding card or the laminated placards.

The main one is my default, because the one at the end of the building is too often closed when I get there for the late SAS flight or has annoyed TSA screeners whose priority seems to be to close down as soon as possible rather than to do their job until the very end of their shift.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
There is only 1 security check point in ORD T5 and it is usually pretty quick. (yea yea, there are two but the other one is never open)
Quick? If you are TSA Pre then yes. I have never see a worse facility in my life and never seen queues like this. I think there was somewhere around 500-1000 people in a never ending queue. There is a narrow aisle past these people for Precheck and thankfully we were the only people using it.I think the other checkpoint would have been better because it exits in front of the (terrible) lounge. But it was physically impossible to get through on that side. The people were blocking the aisle past the SAS check-in to get to this checkpoint. The SAS people said it was better to use the other (main) checkpoint presumably to even get there.

ORD T5 is a horrible place. The lounge was shocking.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I understand YMMV but no TSA Pre here and I have never spend more than 10 minutes from the doc check person to lounge at ORD T5. I've never had to go past a SK check-in point at ORD.

I agree that the lounge(s) in T5 are horrible.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I understand YMMV but no TSA Pre here and I have never spend more than 10 minutes from the doc check person to lounge at ORD T5. I've never had to go past a SK check-in point at ORD.

I agree that the lounge(s) in T5 are horrible.
We went to SAS to get BPs with TSA Pre. The ones issued by UA did not. I swear that you would have spent hours in that security queue. Maybe it's the summer and the pick-up in travel. There seemed to be hordes of people flying LOT and Emirates.I got the impression that LOT must have more than flight.

Are there any other *A lounges in T5? A lot of LOT (pun intended) passengers in the lounge. With a small lounge like that they should make it SAS only.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gnaget
We went to SAS to get BPs with TSA Pre. The ones issued by UA did not. I swear that you would have spent hours in that security queue. Maybe it's the summer and the pick-up in travel. There seemed to be hordes of people flying LOT and Emirates.I got the impression that LOT must have more than flight.

Are there any other *A lounges in T5? A lot of LOT (pun intended) passengers in the lounge. With a small lounge like that they should make it SAS only.
LOT has at least two flights at times departing ORD for WAW. One scheduled at around 5:15pm and another scheduled at around 9:30pm. Sometimes they have been more akin to almost back-to-back when I’m around, presumably due to delays. There is also sometimes an ORD-KRK.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
The TTB is operating again as of March 1, 2023. The ORD website along with media reports it restarted the service this month. I will be using it in a few days as I connect UA -> LX so will report back if there are any issues.

-RM
bazsi79 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.