Wiki Posts
Search

Point sharing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Point sharing

I'm trying to start a point sharing group but it's not working. Yesterday I rang Eurobonus. After holding for 40 minutes, I got an agent and explained the situation. Unfortunately, she was basically worthless and I have 0% confidence that this will be rectified solely on the basis of that call. So let me explain the situation here, to see if anyone else is in a similar bind and/or if anyone has figured out how to make it work.

I logged into my EB account, on my computer (i.e., not the mobile app on my phone). I navigated to the 'start a point sharing group' page, everything smooth and normal so far, and found the details of the T&Cs. I tick the box agreeing to those T&Cs and click on the 'I accept' button at the bottom. The button flashes when I click it ... but that is the end of the story. Nothing further happens.

I have tried this on three different computers, with two different operating systems and five different browsers (including Google Chrome, which the agent on the phone yesterday told me was the one they recommend). I have the browser set to allow cookies and to allow pop-up windows. 'Enable contect blockers' is not selected. I think it's as wide open as I can make it. My conclusion, therefore, is that it's them, not me.

What do you think? Am I doing something wrong? If it is their IT ( shudders in horror ), any ideas on who / how to get it fixed?

TIA
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Try going through the Swedish website (www.sas.se) using the translation function. Sometimes that works when all else fails.
henry999 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:44 am

Using browser-based in-place translation often can be one of the issues why buttons and features on websites do not work as intended, e.g. some sloppy programmers like to evaluate (or send to the backend) the string displayed on the button. So if the browser replaces "skicka" with "send", it might be that the backend will ignore it. Often enough even frontend validation will fail and the button just doesn't work.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gojko88
Try going through the Swedish website (www.sas.se) using the translation function. Sometimes that works when all else fails.
Thanks gojko. I finally got it to work. What I did was use a VPN (don't know if that was a factor or not), connect to flysas.com but when it asked for my location I said 'Sweden-Swedish'. Having tried it so many times before I knew how it was supposed to work so I didn't need any translations. All good.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
It's the good old SK trash IT. I doubt VPN had anything to do with it, sometimes certain functions of the website work in core languages, but not the international version of the website. Glad that it worked for you.
henry999 and JR67 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
I am about to book some flights and was considering creating a Point Sharing group with my family as the rest of the family has points that will expire soon and it would be a good way to use them. I am EBD so my points don't expire.

Do Point Sharing generally work well and are there downsides I should be aware of (I have of course read the explanation on the SK website)?

One specific question I have is that the site says that the points earned first will be used first. I hope they mean that the points closest to expiry will be used first? If not then my old points (that will not expire as long as I am EBD plus five years thereafter) will be used before my family's points that will expire within the next months. Anyone knows how this works in practice?

I would like to know this before I create the group and get stuck there for six months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.