Community
Wiki Posts
Search

airBaltic VIP status match

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2023, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
airBaltic VIP status match

(scroll to the last offer) I will not cross-post, though I believe that might be more valuable for mostly-EU travelling Finnair customers that just recently were forced to Avios earning.

https://www.airbaltic.com/en-LV/airbaltic-club-offers

Become a VIP member using status match!

Make your travel experience even more comfortable by joining the airBaltic Club loyalty program and enjoy all the perks of being a VIP member. Regardless of your most frequently used carrier you can apply for the VIP status level based on the one you have already earned with another airline.

To submit your match request, please provide us with your airBaltic Club number, a copy of another valid airline loyalty card and account statement by e-mail at [email protected]

Terms and conditions*If necessary, we may ask for additional information to validate your status with the current carrier.

Status match for the airBaltic Club VIP card is available for Finnair Plus (Gold, Platinum and Platinum Lumo), SAS EuroBonus (Gold, Diamond) and LufthansaMiles&More (Senator and Hon Circle) status owners regardless of alliances.
Status match is limited to once-per-lifetime per account.
Status match is only offered to members who have achieved elite status through actual flight miles or segments in another airline program.
Verification and approval may take up to two weeks. The frequent flyer will receive a welcome e-mail once their status match is approved.
All terms and conditions of the airBaltic Club program apply.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: Eurobonus
How romantic. Still using actual miles flown rather than "financial ability to obtain status".
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Jetboi
How romantic. Still using actual miles flown rather than "financial ability to obtain status".
airBaltic only counts flown segments for status regardless of price paid or service class, see https://www.airbaltic.com/en/airbalt...evels-benefits
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dabee69
airBaltic only counts flown segments for status regardless of price paid or service class, see https://www.airbaltic.com/en/airbalt...evels-benefits
There is a class distinction, as business class counts as two flights for each flight flown.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:57 am

Has anybody had any luck status matching with other then the above mentioned Airlines?

I'm elite in all three alliances but not SK LH or AY.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:11 am

I very much doubt that Nordic commuters and point to point flyers from AMS(BT serves VNO,TLL,RIX) holding *Gold will throw away their status which has worldwide perks.

If i would go for a status match at BT i will get access to Aspire Lounge instead of the *Gold lounge in my home airport AMS.That is a serious downgrade.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Got my EBG matched to Air Baltic VIP - took 5 minutes.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 3:39 am

I had a change of heart and indeed it was matched within 5 minutes yesterday!
The contract lounges that BT uses are not great imo,mostly Priority Pass but direct outbound morning flights from AMS are a big bonus.

Still 50 segments for requalification will be a tall order for me
Old Aug 31, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Netherlines
I very much doubt that Nordic commuters and point to point flyers from AMS(BT serves VNO,TLL,RIX) holding *Gold will throw away their status which has worldwide perks.

If i would go for a status match at BT i will get access to Aspire Lounge instead of the *Gold lounge in my home airport AMS.That is a serious downgrade.
The thing is that the chance of my using Air Baltic is minimal. However, they can be handy if we want to fly during school holidays (instead of booking from CPH, it's cheaper to book from VNO and add a leg from CPH to there).
Old Sep 3, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Air Baltic has a few handy routes like a RIX-TBS and RIX-TLV redeyes and an overnight to DXB that are easily connected to from ARN with lovely staff and food but a poor Business product on the A220s. Routes I frequently wonder why an airline like Air Baltic can sustain them but SAS can't. For most other things, its an hour in the wrong direction adding incremental flight time on Westbound flights.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Air Baltic has a few handy routes like a RIX-TBS and RIX-TLV redeyes and an overnight to DXB that are easily connected to from ARN with lovely staff and food but a poor Business product on the A220s. Routes I frequently wonder why an airline like Air Baltic can sustain them but SAS can't. For most other things, its an hour in the wrong direction adding incremental flight time on Westbound flights.
Operating 1 aircraft type surely helps although Air Baltics Bombardier CS300 has been plagued with motor problems over the past year.
Flying SK is fun,in.AMS it's always a surprise which jet turns up,the CRJ,Embraer,32N,sometimes even Air Baltic or JetTime for SK but it doesn't seem cost effective to me all these dufferent aircraft types.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.