Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

No More Masks intra-Scandinavia. Woohoo!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Masks intra-Scandinavia. Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: EBG
Just flew from Nbo to Arn about 13 hours of wearing the silly mask. Lh is really enforcing it and I was woken 3 times to remind me it had slipped while I slept. Back the Turkish for me I think.

Cannot wait for them all to give up this mask thing.
nacho and sueco6 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by nussle
Just flew from Nbo to Arn about 13 hours of wearing the silly mask. Lh is really enforcing it and I was woken 3 times to remind me it had slipped while I slept. Back the Turkish for me I think.

Cannot wait for them all to give up this mask thing.
Being woken up like that is terrible - maybe LH needs to give all their crew this:
Attached Images  
GOTBound likes this.

Last edited by nacho; Oct 31, 2021 at 6:03 am
Old Oct 31, 2021, 5:45 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by nacho
Being woken up like that is terrible - maybe LH needs to give all their crew this:

https://alitools.io/en/showcase/tras...-4000939224114
What about just not waking people up, especially if you have been working all hours and just wonna sleep. The second wake up the guy sitting next to me was unmasked but had food infront of him... but I did not so I had to be masked. Just dumb.

Just try a different airline, one that does not religiously enforce such stupid rules. So far Turkish is the best but I am waiting for updates but telling me who is not enforcing the rules and who is crazy about them.
the810, nacho and sueco6 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I must say this was a very welcome change. I had two flights this week for the first time without masks and it is as close to prepandemic flying as I've been to in a long time.

Obviously the absurd thing were the connecting flights requiring masks, while the intermediate airports or the arrival country did not. Can't wait for the rest of Europe to catch up.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I was on an ATR flight today, therefore operated by Xfly. Their crews still have to wear masks (presumably because it's an Estonian carrier) but normal SAS rules apply to passengers of course.

While my flight to Malm (on 737) had some masked passengers, it was exactly zero on my return from ngelholm.

Last edited by the810; Nov 5, 2021 at 8:44 am
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by the810
I was on an ATR flight today, therefore operated by Xfly. Their crews still have to wear masks (presumably because it's an Estonian carrier) but normal SAS rules apply to passengers of course.

While my flight to Malm (on 737) had some masked passengers, it was exactly zero on my return from ngelholm.
Ive flown eight legs since the change, half of them on DK Xfly flights. Not a single FA has been wearing a mask so at least in DK its not a requirement. Surprisingly many passengers keep it on. Almost no one wears them on public transport in DK so dont know why people want to do it on planes.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by SASegments
Ive flown eight legs since the change, half of them on DK Xfly flights. Not a single FA has been wearing a mask so at least in DK its not a requirement. Surprisingly many passengers keep it on. Almost no one wears them on public transport in DK so dont know why people want to do it on planes.
I was at my local Costco yesterday, in the only Bay Area county whose mask requirement has been lifted, but all but 5 in 500 still had a mask on. They probably did so because thats what took them there, and nothing is for sure. But yes, not much makes sense here.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I must say this was a very welcome change. I had two flights this week for the first time without masks and it is as close to prepandemic flying as I've been to in a long time.

Obviously the absurd thing were the connecting flights requiring masks, while the intermediate airports or the arrival country did not. Can't wait for the rest of Europe to catch up.
With the way numbers are moving at the moment, Europe will not move in this direction anytime soon. More likely Scandinavia will move back to mask requirements.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
With the way numbers are moving at the moment, Europe will not move in this direction anytime soon. More likely Scandinavia will move back to mask requirements.
A lot of politicians are against it, and we'll see how this plays out. The key is to make sure the healthcare system can handle the cases. The numbers are not from vaccinated people so the key is to get everyone vaccinated.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It would be better to introduce a vaccination requirement for air travel than to keep enforcing masks. The only reason people have to wear masks is because we're letting unvaccinated people fly so the sensible people are footing the bill for the idiots (as usual in EU).

Many countries make me show a vaccination proof to enter a coffee bar or restaurant but when I confine myself in a compressed densely packed aluminum tube with 200 other people for hours there are suddenly no rules and we're wearing masks for take off and landing because the rest of the flight there is a cup of water standing in front of us to make sure we're having "a meal" to avoid the requirement.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:59 am

Programs: Various
It would be better to introduce a vaccination requirement for air travel than to keep enforcing masks. The only reason people have to wear masks is because we're letting unvaccinated people fly so the sensible people are footing the bill for the idiots (as usual in EU).
I must have missed that this requirement is no longer there in the US or in Asia. Could you point me to information about it?

AFAIK, the only countries that removed the mask requirement are the EU countries Sweden and Denmark plus Norway.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Canadians are always eligible to enter Canada but must complete testing requirements and mandatory quarantine if they do not qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller"

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I must have missed that this requirement is no longer there in the US or in Asia. Could you point me to information about it?

AFAIK, the only countries that removed the mask requirement are the EU countries Sweden and Denmark plus Norway.
There remains a US mask requirement to fly on flights subject to US jurisdiction. That hasn’t changed.

I can’t foresee Sweden mandating Swedish passenger vaccination against Covid-19 anytime soon. What percentage of SAS does Sweden own?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
There is no correlation between vaccination rate and mask requirements (even outside planes). It's all about the mindset and strategy of individual countries. Sweden didn't have a mask mandate even when vaccination rate was 0%, Portugal has it even with the highest vaccination rate in Europe.

Transportation is an essential service.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
There remains a US mask requirement to fly on flights subject to US jurisdiction. That hasnt changed.

I cant foresee Sweden mandating Swedish passenger vaccination against Covid-19 anytime soon. What percentage of SAS does Sweden own?
21,8%.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by the810
There is no correlation between vaccination rate and mask requirements (even outside planes). It's all about the mindset and strategy of individual countries. Sweden
didn't have a mask mandate even when vaccination rate was 0%, Portugal has it even with the highest vaccination rate in Europe.
But there is a correlation between restrictions and cases, masks are a restrictions which is kept in place, in many places in Europe as a result of rising cases which are primarily a consequence of unvaccinated people. So more vaccinations = less likely need for restrictions which includes the removal of the masks.

Transportation is an essential service.
But there are varying types of transportation and I'm perfeclty fine with unvaccinated folks being told to drive. Mixing vaccinated/unvaccinated in the same means of transport is not essential at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.