Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the *A booking tool down?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Under the rules as stated your miles would be lost. There have during the pandemic been some people reporting success in getting them reinstated, but that would not be a gesture to feel certain about.
Do you know if it's possible to change flights booked with miles that have expired since the booking (same route but different dates)? I have a large amount of miles expiring soon but no idea what to use them for because I don't know yet when travelling will be feasible again.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
Is it still possible to book mixed cabin awards on Star Alliance partners?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:17 am

Yes, but you have to call in... well... have to anyway
Old Mar 27, 2021, 6:14 am

I've now found an itinerary and booked a Star Alliance Award flight through the phone two days ago - the experience was baffling, but it seems to be not uncommon that the agents don't state the price until the very end - they even state one which was incorrect (both in miles and in taxes), and it took them 15 minutes to look into this and get the correct price ...

Anyway, I have the booking confirmation now, but 2 days after booking, the miles still have not been withdrawn from my account (and the booking confirmation doesn't even mention the cost in miles). Is it normal that it takes some time?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 6:38 am

Did you just got a confirmation number or also the mail with the eticket?

Usually point withdrawals and refunds happen instantaneous.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:21 am

I got both the confirmation number from the agent and the eticket via e-mail.

EDIT1: The booking includes a United flight, so I tested the booking on the United site and it states that the ticket has been issued two days ago.

EDIT2: I have contacted SAS today through the chat and they said there was a mistake and withdrew my miles, so everything's alright now.

Last edited by Arctifox; Mar 29, 2021 at 2:46 am Reason: Added update after contacting SAS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.