FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Is the *A booking tool down? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/2031276-booking-tool-down.html)

flo_147 Dec 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Is the *A booking tool down?

Could it be that the star alliance online booking tool is down since a few weeks or months? Does anyone know when they are planning to bring it back? I guess in the meantime, the only way to book a star alliance award is via phone then :/

Mogensen Dec 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Phone works fine. booked several awards for collegues this way.

s1362083 Jan 17, 2021 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Mogensen (Post 32917080)
Phone works fine. booked several awards for collegues this way.

2 separate call centre agents just told me Star Alliance bookings online or over the phone have not been possible since March. Do I need to keep HUACAing?

fassy Jan 18, 2021 3:35 am

Originally Posted by s1362083 (Post 32974408)
2 separate call centre agents just told me Star Alliance bookings online or over the phone have not been possible since March. Do I need to keep HUACAing?

Yes, online is not possible. Over the phone should be possible. Unless something did change over the last 3 months.

GUWonder Jan 18, 2021 2:52 pm

Cash preservation measure?

livious Jan 26, 2021 4:26 am

Just a quick note to say that the Star Alliance table might have recently changed, in particular around Southeast Asia. Tried to book a ticket to KUL today and was a bit surprised to see that C class now costs 210k per ticket instead of the 160k I was expecting. I haven't done a full analysis of what changed, but it seems that Malaysia and Singapore have been moved to Maritime SE Asia from Mainland SE Asia. The agent said that the table just changed last week, but I was only able to find this info on the English version of the site (flysas.com). I haven't had a chance to compare and see what else has changed, but it will be interesting to see if anything else costs more.

CPH-Flyer Jan 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by livious (Post 32995182)
Just a quick note to say that the Star Alliance table might have recently changed, in particular around Southeast Asia. Tried to book a ticket to KUL today and was a bit surprised to see that C class now costs 210k per ticket instead of the 160k I was expecting. I haven't done a full analysis of what changed, but it seems that Malaysia and Singapore have been moved to Maritime SE Asia from Mainland SE Asia. The agent said that the table just changed last week, but I was only able to find this info on the English version of the site (flysas.com). I haven't had a chance to compare and see what else has changed, but it will be interesting to see if anything else costs more.

Yeah they seem to have added an extra bucket, for Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Guam, and Indonesia. The Danish naming is 'Kystområder i Sydøst Asien" and 'Fastland i Sydøst Asien' Coastal and mainland South East Asia. Would somebody explain me how Thailand is less coastal than Malaysia?? :confused:

Anyway, another devaluation of the chart sneaked in unannounced.

GUWonder Jan 27, 2021 8:12 am

What was SK's rush to do this kind of devaluation at this point and do it without an announcement prior to it going effective?

CPH-Flyer Jan 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 32997862)
What was SK's rush to do this kind of devaluation at this point and do it without an announcement prior to it going effective?

I have in a few posts here and there argued that this is the perfect time to make negative changes, as most people are not earning and burning points right now, and by the time they do it is probably forgotten.

But doing it without any announcements is beyond sneaky. Always be open, even about the bad news.

DonnyJohn Feb 21, 2021 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32999287)
I have in a few posts here and there argued that this is the perfect time to make negative changes, as most people are not earning and burning points right now, and by the time they do it is probably forgotten.

But doing it without any announcements is beyond sneaky. Always be open, even about the bad news.

No surprise while SAS is the only FF program don't give a sh!t extending points

jetplane86 Feb 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Has anyone booked Star alliance flights over the phone recently? The online booking tool is still unavailable!

alibi Feb 23, 2021 8:11 am

I booked a trip today. BER - SGN. Very limited availability (which was kinda expected), but otherwise a very smooth experience.

Discus Feb 24, 2021 3:49 am

Originally Posted by jetplane86 (Post 33055115)
Has anyone booked Star alliance flights over the phone recently? The online booking tool is still unavailable!

Booked yesterday via the phone. Smooth as always, just do some research up front to make it easier. Some agents do not have time/skills do advanced routing search for you.

Garimi Mar 10, 2021 8:44 am

I booked today over phone one way 4 pax VIE-MLE on OS, they didn't charge extra for booking so just paid taxes(39.21 Euro)...

What is SAS police about miles expiration when I cancel booking?
I use miles which should expire in June 2021 (4x48k per one way, costly compared to United 33k, but SAS didn't extending expire dates on miles so one way to use for me....),
so if I cancel this booking in September I will receive miles back with new expiry date or just lost this miles ?

CPH-Flyer Mar 10, 2021 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Garimi (Post 33090717)
I booked today over phone one way 4 pax VIE-MLE on OS, they didn't charge extra for booking so just paid taxes(39.21 Euro)...

What is SAS police about miles expiration when I cancel booking?
I use miles which should expire in June 2021 (4x48k per one way, costly compared to United 33k, but SAS didn't extending expire dates on miles so one way to use for me....),
so if I cancel this booking in September I will receive miles back with new expiry date or just lost this miles ?

Under the rules as stated your miles would be lost. There have during the pandemic been some people reporting success in getting them reinstated, but that would not be a gesture to feel certain about.