Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Shareholder Program Benefits and Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Shareholder Program Benefits and Discussions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: EBG
I have 400 shares

yes, I know. Not my best investment :-)

But I haven't seen anything on the shareholders page regarding special prices..??..
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: SK EB*G
Originally Posted by VirreVapp
yes, I know. Not my best investment :-)

But I haven't seen anything on the shareholders page regarding special prices..??..
I've got 500 shares for a slight net loss that I've recouped through the shareholder discounts.

I remember being sent credentials a month or so ago, possibly slightly longer...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
thanks for answers - so if you got creditentials late Jan/early Feb, next time would be around May perhaps...

I believe there should be discounts for shareholders throughout the year
Old Aug 14, 2020, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
[Reference to unrelated topic redacted by moderator]

Anyway, back to EB topic - I saw shareholder of SAS can get discount tickets with SAS (only within Europe sadly), and now that SK shares are pretty low, anyone tried using the discount and how much do you save? I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy a few SAS shares.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 24, 2020 at 9:57 am
Old Aug 14, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by nacho
Anyway, back to EB topic - I saw shareholder of SAS can get discount tickets with SAS (only within Europe sadly), and now that SK shares are pretty low, anyone tried using the discount and how much do you save? I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy a few SAS shares.
Only on return (no one-way or open-jaw) GO (not go ligh) ticket. I believe it's 10% on basefare. some times seen ~100 DKK discount on ~1500 DKK tickets. Most of the time it's only worth it, if you need the luggage or buy your way out of go-light anyway.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 24, 2020 at 9:58 am Reason: Conform with edited version of quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studentCPH
Only on return (no one-way or open-jaw) GO (not go ligh) ticket. I believe it's 10% on basefare. some times seen ~100 DKK discount on ~1500 DKK tickets. Most of the time it's only worth it, if you need the luggage or buy your way out of go-light anyway.
Thanks! I don't travel light - I shop and bring stuff home everywhere I go, so I will pay for bags anyway. It doesn't seem like a good deal to own SK shares to get the discount.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:51 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
That is very intriguing. Does the discount apply to Plus and Business tickets as well? And how many shares does one need to own? Is one enough?
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
That is very intriguing. Does the discount apply to Plus and Business tickets as well? And how many shares does one need to own? Is one enough?
Only Go and within Europe. I can't remember the amount but it's not much. I asked Mr. to look at it and he said biggest cost is transaction fee.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: *G
Has been 400 shares so far - I imagine that could change with emissions etc. Transaction fee is not high with banks like Saxo, Nordnet etc
Old Aug 19, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Intriguing. Mostly curious about those work flow/user journey. You can only buy through SAS? You have a checkbox showing you own shares?
Seems like a great idea on the surface, but lots of back-end work to make it happen
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerjeffr
Intriguing. Mostly curious about those work flow/user journey. You can only buy through SAS? You have a checkbox showing you own shares?
Seems like a great idea on the surface, but lots of back-end work to make it happen
I suspect you buy it through a link or something like that, and I have no idea if the discount is only applying to the shareholder or everyone he/she is travelling with.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has been 400 shares so far - I imagine that could change with emissions etc. Transaction fee is not high with banks like Saxo, Nordnet etc
We use Nordnet - fee is higher if you buy a smaller bundle.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 6:53 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I suspect you buy it through a link or something like that, and I have no idea if the discount is only applying to the shareholder or everyone he/she is travelling with.
How do they communicate the link?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I saw shareholder of SAS can get discount tickets with SAS (only within Europe sadly), and now that SK shares are pretty low, anyone tried using the discount and how much do you save? I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy a few SAS shares.
We use Nordnet - fee is higher if you buy a smaller bundle.

This whole thing is beginning to grow on me. Maybe that's how I should dedicate my recent SAS refund. I'm wondering about the various options for depositing money at Nordnet for purchasing shares. Would a Roth-like post-tax transfer straight from your bank account work?

Meanwhile, some pictures from the first day of wearing masks out there in the jungle of public transportation
https://www.berlingske.dk/nyheder/se...er-meget-stolt
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by vanillabean
This whole thing is beginning to grow on me. Maybe that's how I should dedicate my recent SAS refund. I'm wondering about the various options for depositing money at Nordnet for purchasing shares. Would a Roth-like post-tax transfer straight from your bank account work?
I would say that if your going to buy some SAS stock, wait till the issuance of the new shares. There is a stipulation in the bailout of SAS by Denmark and Sweden that they will have to issue new shares and convert their debts. The market might have prices it in already but you don't want to be in a position where you instantly get diluted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.