Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

15.09.20 - SK935 CPH-SFO Cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver

I bought my mother a SK J ticket (CPH-SFO) on SK935, Sept 15th, so have a question relating to this:

1) Is this flight still operating? My mother has not received any info from SK but Google price alert is saying the flight doesn't exists anymore... I specifically bought a direct flight as she didn't want to change flights mid way through the trip so re-routing is not an option really. What are my full refund options in such case?
2) The ticket I bought has a EUR 400 penalty cancellation fee which I believe is executable if I cancel the trip (and which is more than fine), but this would be sort of out of my hands, if there are major changes to the initial flight pattern booked/bought (i.e, non direct flight vs. direct flight)?

Thanks and stay safe
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If SK935/15SEP is indeed cancelled, then you will get a full refund without any penalties. The fact that SK is not selling any tickets on this flight points to upcoming cancellation. You need to wait till the flight is cancelled before you can initiate the refund.
Cupart likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:07 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
SAS still doesn't sell tickets for SK935/15SEP but they sell for the same flight the day before and the day after. As Tuesdays usually are slow days, a cancellation wouldn't surprise me.

If your mother has flexibility, she could ask to be rebooked to the day before or the day after.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Maybe your mom should consider if it is really worth it to travel to the US in 1 1/2 months time? - the situation in California is unlikely to improve so much that the risk of infection will be negligible.

Anyway, just wait for the cancellation e-mail from SAS to arrive - then you can request a full refund.
Often1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.