Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU261 Regulator

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
No status on SAS or any other *A airline. I called a few times with no luck, it does not help that is a travel agent booked ticket. The travel agent has tried a few times as well with no luck. The travel agent will not refund the ticket without SAS's approval.
If booked through a TA, SK should not be dealing directly with you. They should be dealing with your TA, and your TA with you. So your gripe is with the TA. And SK is in all likelihood not going to issue a refund directly to you. They may offer you a voucher for later use.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If booked through a TA, SK should not be dealing directly with you. They should be dealing with your TA, and your TA with you. So your gripe is with the TA. And SK is in all likelihood not going to issue a refund directly to you. They may offer you a voucher for later use.
The TA keeps saying that SK told them it will be months and that they have called SK requesting the process be expedited to meet EU 261\US DOT rules and have been told no. They advised that I contact SK directly if I wish to complain the refund processing time is taking too long. Can a EU261 complaint be filed against the TA?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
The TA keeps saying that SK told them it will be months and that they have called SK requesting the process be expedited to meet EU 261\US DOT rules and have been told no. They advised that I contact SK directly if I wish to complain the refund processing time is taking too long. Can a EU261 complaint be filed against the TA?
About contacting SAS, it took us 5-6 weeks to get our EU comp from a flight cancellation back in mid-Feb. We had some discussion over the amount, for which the email response time was 4-5 days. Given the circumstances, you need to realize that they are absolutely swamped with refunds/vouchers and it takes time to work through this. The big corona virus cancellation wave hit after our claims, so you are likely looking at 8 weeks.

With that being said, we had a charge back on a Air India flight that took Mastercard 4+ months to sort out....and that was from November 2019. I don't think that you have an option to get this handled quickly unless your credit card is willing to move quickly. In the end we got our compensation from both SAS and Mastercard/Air India, so the system will eventually catch up. I sincerely hope the compensation isn't an urgent matter for you.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Just an update, SAS responded to my US DOT complaint and refunded the ticket the same day. Seems like they only take action after a complaint.
the810 and Often1 like this.
Old May 12, 2020, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's silly, but it only takes 2-3 minutes to complete the DOT complaint form. DOT requires the carrier to respond and given DOT rules, there really is only one lawful response. Thus, the refund is issued and the carrier responds that it has complied. But, it is one more reason not to delay filing these complaints and a chargeback with one's card issuer as well if the carrier has not initiated a refund within 7 days of the request.
IAD_flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.