Wiki Posts
Search

SAS closes CPH-HKG

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 1:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I use the Arlanda Express more commonly to get to ARN for a flight than I do after arriving at ARN. I find it easier to time myself well for the train for departing from Stockholm C than I do for timing myself well for the train departing ARN.

At CPH, I’m mostly doing the Oresundstag train.

At OSL, I do both trains to get to Oslo S. But the first time I ended up doing the non-flytoget train (after having done a bunch of the flytogets, I too came away thinking that the flytoget was overpriced even for Norway and the premium price came mainly with a greater frequency of service.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:37 am

Hmm, in ARN I always use the Arlanda Express.

Just quick and painless.

unless I have to go to Kista, then of course I use the pendeltag.

But I find taxi and the pendeltag just not practical going to downtown Stockholm. But I usually stay around Stockholm C anyway.

For OSl, as I’m never there for private stuff, I always expense the cost and then the train won’t add up much compared to a high priced hotel, an expensive flight and even more expensive meals

[Remainder of post split out and moved to the Forum Kafé thread]

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 20, 2020 at 1:46 am
Old May 21, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I use both NSB and Flytoget in OSL. I think the main benefit of flytoget is the easy way to buy tickets. No pain. Just board the train, have your credit card ready. And the receipt will not be lost for the claim, because you can download it later. I love this.

NSB is just as good as a train, but it took several trips to OSL to figure out the NSB app and ticket systems. Once you did that, then it is just as good, but I often land in an airport not having had time to think what is my next step. Here flytoget just wins hands down.

In general, I find it a problem with most transportation companies that they are inherently unable to make buying trips easy. They think in terms of the folks that live in the city, and if they have to use 30 minutes of time to figure out the system, then it is fine. They will use that knowledge hundreds of times later. This is very different for an ad hoc traveler. I do not have 30 minutes to figure out how and what ticket I am gonna get. If so then it is easier to book a hotel in the walking distance of where I got to be and take a taxi there (or flytoget!)
Old May 21, 2020, 4:12 am

I usually travel to Norway by car, but when I've flown into OSL, I've always used NSB. It just takes a minute to buy the ticket from the machine with a credit card. I use the OSL trains so seldom so it would take me much more time to install an app than just buying the ticket in the machine.
Old May 21, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
So, is this thread about SAS closing the HKG route, or about how every man and his dog gets to and from OSL and ARN by train?
Old May 21, 2020, 10:00 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
So, is this thread about SAS closing the HKG route, or about how every man and his dog gets to and from OSL and ARN by train?
You should have seen the side discussion about Systembolaget and Swedish habits before those posts were moved to different thread.
At least the discussion about airport trains have *some* relevance to SAS.
GUWonder, SK2751 and JR67 like this.
Old May 22, 2020, 5:25 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, we are now so far off-topic that the thread is not serving any sort of purpose, and it’s already branched off the discussion title more than once. At this point we’ll therefore apply the padlock.

NWIFlyer
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.