Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Prio boarding for Gold/Diamond friend or family

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prio boarding for Gold/Diamond friend or family

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Mentioned to show that SAS need not have this “same PNR” requirement for using fast track. And to indicate that an SAS requirement to be on the same PNR is not a customer-friendly policy; it’s even hostile toward customers who use award tickets for family members flying on the same planes as a *G flying on a regular paid ticket.
Despite it works in ARN, the security gates in OSL and GOT might not support pax's not being on the same PNR. SAS does not control the security gates at those airports. Despite the fast track security gates in CPH being SK only and not shared with any other airline, SAS might not control the gate here either. In the lounges they do, but not at the security and boarding.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes or no, but customers still have something to say when they feel like an SAS policy is taking away something that used to be part of the norm of how *G customers have been treated by the airline previously. And customers still have something to say when an airline is using excuses to downgrade service, like some may think SAS does at times.

But SAS hasn't removed anything with this announcement. It's quit the opposite. They have given priority boarding to people who didn't have it in the past. You still have all the *A and *G benefits you had before this announcement.
In average, it's probably less than 1% more possible priority PAX with this announcement than before, so I can't see how anything is taken away from the *A, *G, plus, business or whatever benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.