SAS Go Pro Vs. Go Smart?

Old Jun 8, 19, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

SAS Go Pro Vs. Go Smart?

Good afternoon,

I will be flying, for the first time on SAS, from LAX to ARN and was wondering what the difference was between the two GO options. I have the GO Pro on my way to Stockholm and GO Smart on my way back? Is there a difference? Also, I didn't want to pay to pick my seats and was hoping that my wife and I could sit together. Was there any way to ensure this?

Many thanks and thanks for letting me be a part of the community.
Old Jun 8, 19, 5:06 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
You can see the booking classes here https://www.flysas.com/gb-en/fly-wit...ravel-classes/ but basically Pro gives you free change of flight, where you have to pay a fee for changing the smart ticket.

Seats can be picked during check-in, If you check-in early you should have a good chance of getting seats next to each other. If not, just ask at the airport. The staff is often very helpful moving people around so family can sit together.
fvshaggy likes this.
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you Highupinthesky! It is disappointing that I have to pay to sit where I would like. I don't want to spend 150 bucks for us to be together.

Cheers and any other tips or advice is always appreciated.
Old Jun 9, 19, 4:36 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
I don't know many airlines who let economy pax pick their seats for free at booking time, but often most eco pax don't pick their seat before check-in, so do the check-in online when it opens 22 hours ahead of take off and you have almost free seat selection.

You can bid for an upgrade to plus or business here. https://www.flysas.com/gb-en/fly-wit...tras/upgrades/ You will get all the service benefits of the new class incl. the additional EB points, but refund rules will not change. You will be notified 36-48 hours prior to takeoff about whether your bid was accepted or not. If it was accepted, you can pick you seats using the SK online tools at this point.

Search this Thread