Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sponsored EBG validity

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Sponsored EBG validity

I qualified for EBD last year and sponsored my spouse for EBG. Today we got new gold cards which show expiration in 2 years (2021) rather than 1.

I thought diamond status was for 1 year and sponsored gold followed that (and after a year diamond might "soft land" into gold, and sponsored gold ends).

Could someone with more information clarify?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:01 pm

In most cases the gifted Gold card is valid for the current qualification year, the next one and 3 months.

so, if your wife has the qualification year April 2019 to March 2020 and you gift the card in May 2019, it’ll be valid until July 2021.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Great, thank you! Quite generous of SAS I must say.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
Great, thank you! Quite generous of SAS I must say.
Just need to make sure to sync up at the qualification period for the receiver... in the same example as above but gifting the Gold card March 2020 instead of May 2019 the validity will also be July 2021... and gifting April 2020 it’ll go to July 2022.

there have been also reports that the Gold card gifted was only valid for 12 month, some say 12+3 months. But at least for me it was always 12+12+3 if gifted in the first month of the qualification period.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: *G
They change it with no notice, and even if you ask they won't disclose it so just know that you can't be 100% sure.
I knew a person who gifted a card that was valid for 12+12+3 months. A month later I gifted a card to a person with the same qualification period as the previous recipient and that card was valid for 11+3 months...
jerjeffr likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by studentCPH
They change it with no notice, and even if you ask they won't disclose it so just know that you can't be 100% sure.
I knew a person who gifted a card that was valid for 12+12+3 months. A month later I gifted a card to a person with the same qualification period as the previous recipient and that card was valid for 11+3 months...
Are you sure it's not because you gifted the second one in the first month of a new qualification period? As far as I remember if you gift away a gold card in the first 3 months (may 6) the gold card is only valid for current period +3 months, while if you do it after the 3-6 months it's current period + next period + 3 months. This at least fits with the gold card's I've gifted away.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Are you sure it's not because you gifted the second one in the first month of a new qualification period? As far as I remember if you gift away a gold card in the first 3 months (may 6) the gold card is only valid for current period +3 months, while if you do it after the 3-6 months it's current period + next period + 3 months. This at least fits with the gold card's I've gifted away.
Except the person who got it a month before was in the first 3 months and got it for 12+12+3 months. I've heard numerous people afterwards also getting it in their 'grace period' and having it valid for current+nextperiod + 3 months.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:36 am

The card I gifted to my to my wife this May is good for 12+12+3 months.

same for the cards I gave away during the last few years.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:52 am
Original Poster

I gifted the card to the person who just opened their Eurobonus account specifically for this purpose. So, the gifting was definitely in the first month of their qualification period.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by tr3k
I gifted the card to the person who just opened their Eurobonus account specifically for this purpose. So, the gifting was definitely in the first month of their qualification period.
Interesting, because in the past you couldn't receive a gold or silver card in the first 6 months after you created you EB account. But I just saw they have removed that restriction on the basic point purchase, so maybe they have removed it on the gifting card too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.