Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Problems with SAS *A upgrade tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with SAS *A upgrade tool

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Angry Problems with SAS *A upgrade tool

Have you others experienced problems on the SAS website for upgrading *A flights? I have now tried upgrading two LH flights (booked in Y), but I always receive the same message: Please try later -500. These flights will be in August and in October.

It is by the way strange, that one cannot upgrade LH premium economy flights to business (booked in N) with SAS points!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Justinus
It is by the way strange, that one cannot upgrade LH premium economy flights to business (booked in N) with SAS points!
N is the cheapest PE booking class, so it is not at all strange that you can't upgrade. It is strange that according to the list also the other 2 PE booking classes are not eligible. For SQ they have PE included nowadays.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Justinus
Have you others experienced problems on the SAS website for upgrading *A flights? I have now tried upgrading two LH flights (booked in Y), but I always receive the same message: Please try later -500. These flights will be in August and in October.

Have you checked that there is availability to upgrade? In order to upgrade award inventory needs to be available. Availability in booking class I.

Depending on your needs of the ticket, there are cheaper ways to get business class than booking in Y. Or cheaper booking classes with virtually same flexibility as Y.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
N is the cheapest PE booking class, so it is not at all strange that you can't upgrade. It is strange that according to the list also the other 2 PE booking classes are not eligible. For SQ they have PE included nowadays.
Since the upgradable booking classes for each airline are the same for each partner, I would expect that the operating carrier communicates what classes are applicable. Though it still makes me wonder why Lufti excluded PY.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: More than one
My experience is that *A awards tickets and upgrades on LH group metal are often not available until about 2 weeks before the flight.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since the upgradable booking classes for each airline are the same for each partner, I would expect that the operating carrier communicates what classes are applicable. Though it still makes me wonder why Lufti excluded PY.
I am not sure if it is the same for every partner. At least A3 M+B allows to upgrade LH's PE in booking class G and E.

See chapter 11 at https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.