Problems with SAS *A upgrade tool

Old Apr 9, 19, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), AZ Freccia Alata Plus, Hilton Silver, PP
Angry Problems with SAS *A upgrade tool

Have you others experienced problems on the SAS website for upgrading *A flights? I have now tried upgrading two LH flights (booked in Y), but I always receive the same message: Please try later -500. These flights will be in August and in October.

It is by the way strange, that one cannot upgrade LH premium economy flights to business (booked in N) with SAS points!
Old Apr 9, 19, 2:39 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Justinus View Post
It is by the way strange, that one cannot upgrade LH premium economy flights to business (booked in N) with SAS points!
N is the cheapest PE booking class, so it is not at all strange that you can't upgrade. It is strange that according to the list also the other 2 PE booking classes are not eligible. For SQ they have PE included nowadays.
Old Apr 9, 19, 2:40 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Justinus View Post
Have you others experienced problems on the SAS website for upgrading *A flights? I have now tried upgrading two LH flights (booked in Y), but I always receive the same message: Please try later -500. These flights will be in August and in October.

Have you checked that there is availability to upgrade? In order to upgrade award inventory needs to be available. Availability in booking class I.

Depending on your needs of the ticket, there are cheaper ways to get business class than booking in Y. Or cheaper booking classes with virtually same flexibility as Y.
Old Apr 9, 19, 2:43 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
N is the cheapest PE booking class, so it is not at all strange that you can't upgrade. It is strange that according to the list also the other 2 PE booking classes are not eligible. For SQ they have PE included nowadays.
Since the upgradable booking classes for each airline are the same for each partner, I would expect that the operating carrier communicates what classes are applicable. Though it still makes me wonder why Lufti excluded PY.
Old Apr 9, 19, 4:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
My experience is that *A awards tickets and upgrades on LH group metal are often not available until about 2 weeks before the flight.
Old Apr 9, 19, 8:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Since the upgradable booking classes for each airline are the same for each partner, I would expect that the operating carrier communicates what classes are applicable. Though it still makes me wonder why Lufti excluded PY.
I am not sure if it is the same for every partner. At least A3 M+B allows to upgrade LH's PE in booking class G and E.

See chapter 11 at https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/

Search this Thread