Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus status challenge for EB members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB

I heard this from a colleague. Haven't tested yet:

https://www.finnair.com/se/se/finnai...tier-challenge

So it seems AY+ is matching EB again...
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Q400
I heard this from a colleague. Haven't tested yet:

https://www.finnair.com/se/se/finnai...tier-challenge

So it seems AY+ is matching EB again...
They are offering a challenge not a match they did this also for LH group last year and Airberlin customers too...

Too bad only challenge to Gold...

Last edited by kauppias; Nov 9, 2018 at 1:01 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
AY silver is quite watered down BUT its still better then nothing 👍

The fast track to Gold may be worth it to some 👍. I signed up just incase, I have one flight booked as is so might as well 😁

Thank you OP for bringing to this our attention

Edit: looks like this is open ONLY for residents ofSweden, Norway, and Denmark 👎👎👎

Last edited by kauppias; Nov 9, 2018 at 1:11 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:21 am

Just as a word of caution: never sign up for a status match or challenge unless you plan to really use it the following year.

in almost all cases it is a one-time in a life offer.

i was quite stupid to use the Flying Blue status match but never used the status that year. Not that option is blown for good.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Just as a word of caution: never sign up for a status match or challenge unless you plan to really use it the following year.

i was quite stupid to use the Flying Blue status match but never used the status that year. Not that option is blown for good.

Very good point I had the same with AS but not all companies are once in a lifetime but many are
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Good timing after all the EB "enhancements" since October.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by kauppias
Edit: looks like this is open ONLY for residents ofSweden, Norway, and Denmark 👎👎👎
With your EBD card I would ask them if they seriously don't want to offer it to you.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
With your EBD card I would ask them if they seriously don't want to offer it to you.
One can allways try 😁😂

They never responded to my request for the TobBonus match/challenge so I may just be persona non grata 😁😁
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Oneworld Ruby (AY S) is only slightly less worthless than Star Alliance Silver. So that alone is not worth doing anything for.

​​​​​​Oneworld Sapphire (AY G) is roughly equivalent to Star Gold, though it does not give you alliance wide fast track. That needs Emerald to be a stated benefit. Though some airlines do offer it to Sapphire.

The real point of Oneworld status come with Emerald But AY Emerald qualifying levels are really made for people flying predominantly AY J.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by fassy

OT but are they still offering this at FlyingBlue? I never had their program, no knowledge at my side
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

OT but are they still offering this at FlyingBlue? I never had their program, no knowledge at my side
As far as I know FB has not matched in 3-4 years now
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

But Delta offers a challenge with status for 90days
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar

As a follow up, no Finnair did NOT care just a flat out denial after 3 weeks. So I will just credit to AS or baec, luckily AY Status would have just been a secondary anyways

Last edited by kauppias; Nov 22, 2018 at 2:48 am
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
I agree that the AY Silver is not attractive in itself, but the requirement to upgrade to Gold for only 40.000 points in the following half year is IMO.

With one of the many long haul J-deals I spot in the premium forum at some 1100-1200 EUR and you're almost AY Gold in one trip.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by groovyfly
I agree that the AY Silver is not attractive in itself, but the requirement to upgrade to Gold for only 40.000 points in the following half year is IMO.

With one of the many long haul J-deals I spot in the premium forum at some 1100-1200 EUR and you're almost AY Gold in one trip.
Yeah, taking the match to aim for Gold or Platinum does make sense. But in order to maintain Platinum in the future one would need to be a mainly AY J flyer, and mostly AY flyer for Gold. The qualification levels are quite rigged in favour of people who fly AY as opposed to Oneworld in general.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.