FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Finnair Plus status challenge for EB members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1939670-finnair-plus-status-challenge-eb-members.html)

Q400 Nov 8, 2018 10:41 pm

Finnair Plus status challenge for EB members

I heard this from a colleague. Haven't tested yet:

https://www.finnair.com/se/se/finnai...tier-challenge

So it seems AY+ is matching EB again...

kauppias Nov 9, 2018 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Q400 (Post 30410441)
I heard this from a colleague. Haven't tested yet:

https://www.finnair.com/se/se/finnai...tier-challenge

So it seems AY+ is matching EB again...

They are offering a challenge not a match :) they did this also for LH group last year and Airberlin customers too...

Too bad only challenge to Gold...

kauppias Nov 9, 2018 12:23 am

AY silver is quite watered down BUT its still better then nothing 👍

The fast track to Gold may be worth it to some 👍. I signed up just incase, I have one flight booked as is so might as well 😁

Thank you OP for bringing to this our attention

Edit: looks like this is open ONLY for residents ofSweden, Norway, and Denmark 👎👎👎

fassy Nov 9, 2018 5:21 am

Just as a word of caution: never sign up for a status match or challenge unless you plan to really use it the following year.

in almost all cases it is a one-time in a life offer.

i was quite stupid to use the Flying Blue status match but never used the status that year. Not that option is blown for good.

kauppias Nov 9, 2018 5:36 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 30411103)
Just as a word of caution: never sign up for a status match or challenge unless you plan to really use it the following year.

i was quite stupid to use the Flying Blue status match but never used the status that year. Not that option is blown for good.

Very good point I had the same with AS :( but not all companies are once in a lifetime but many are

Jainzar Nov 9, 2018 7:51 am

Good timing after all the EB "enhancements" since October.

Jainzar Nov 9, 2018 7:56 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 30410580)
Edit: looks like this is open ONLY for residents ofSweden, Norway, and Denmark 👎👎👎

With your EBD card I would ask them if they seriously don't want to offer it to you.

kauppias Nov 9, 2018 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar (Post 30411566)
With your EBD card I would ask them if they seriously don't want to offer it to you.

One can allways try 😁😂

They never responded to my request for the TobBonus match/challenge so I may just be persona non grata 😁😁

CPH-Flyer Nov 9, 2018 6:57 pm

Oneworld Ruby (AY S) is only slightly less worthless than Star Alliance Silver. So that alone is not worth doing anything for.

​​​​​​Oneworld Sapphire (AY G) is roughly equivalent to Star Gold, though it does not give you alliance wide fast track. That needs Emerald to be a stated benefit. Though some airlines do offer it to Sapphire.

The real point of Oneworld status come with Emerald But AY Emerald qualifying levels are really made for people flying predominantly AY J.

FFlash Nov 10, 2018 1:47 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 30411103)

OT but are they still offering this at FlyingBlue? I never had their program, no knowledge at my side

kauppias Nov 10, 2018 3:26 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 30414307)

OT but are they still offering this at FlyingBlue? I never had their program, no knowledge at my side

As far as I know FB has not matched in 3-4 years now

kauppias Nov 10, 2018 3:34 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 30414307)

But Delta offers a challenge with status for 90days

kauppias Nov 22, 2018 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar (Post 30411566)

As a follow up, no Finnair did NOT care just a flat out denial after 3 weeks. So I will just credit to AS or baec, luckily AY Status would have just been a secondary anyways :)

groovyfly Nov 22, 2018 5:57 am

I agree that the AY Silver is not attractive in itself, but the requirement to upgrade to Gold for only 40.000 points in the following half year is IMO.

With one of the many long haul J-deals I spot in the premium forum at some 1100-1200 EUR and you're almost AY Gold in one trip.

CPH-Flyer Nov 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by groovyfly (Post 30455863)
I agree that the AY Silver is not attractive in itself, but the requirement to upgrade to Gold for only 40.000 points in the following half year is IMO.

With one of the many long haul J-deals I spot in the premium forum at some 1100-1200 EUR and you're almost AY Gold in one trip.

Yeah, taking the match to aim for Gold or Platinum does make sense. But in order to maintain Platinum in the future one would need to be a mainly AY J flyer, and mostly AY flyer for Gold. The qualification levels are quite rigged in favour of people who fly AY as opposed to Oneworld in general.