Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Award Chart have been changed over night to the worse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Award Chart have been changed over night to the worse

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by fassy
How did you save points? None of the awards for cheaper from a points perspective? And, well... most people here wouldn’t book economy awards for long-haul anyway, the value is/was always very questionable.
That’s not my impression; I tend to use 60K on $1200 roundtrip tickets. Is that a questionable value?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
That depends on how many points you have.
I value Eurobonus points at about 0.01€, so I would probably prefer to pay cash when fares are just $1200, to earn new miles etc. and save for better redemptions.
But if you have tons of points anyway, it's always a good idea to use them.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory

It's very different from Germany for example, where people join all types of loyalty programs and try to use sweetspots in all programs.

I don't think that even in the Scandinavian miles&points community, more than at most a handful of people have Alaska miles.
Haha, why Alaska?

Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Because they are some of the most valuable miles out there.
25k for India-Tokyo-Singapore in JAL business class with a free stopover in Tokyo? Come on.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vanillabean

That’s not my impression; I tend to use 60K on $1200 roundtrip tickets. Is that a questionable value?
No. I am frequently able to buy miles/points at US$0.015 or less. I would almost never buy a $1200 economy class ticket when 60k or fewer miles/points is possible and it doesn’t include a cash component over $300.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No sane pax would pay USD 1,200 for a ticket if a 60k miles/points award is available, even if it entails a USD 300 cash component.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:29 am

It’s not so simple.
If you have a million points, no.

But if you need to requalify for status, the ticket earned a significant number of miles etc., I would definitely consider buying it, yes.
And rather use my miles towards flying First Class.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
A3 also (at least for the time being) earns much more from cheap SAS Go tickets than Eurobonus.
LX F also earns more, etc.
It’s a great program.
You might want to have at least 2 A3 flights once you start crediting to them because that helps you earn Silver and then Gold quicker. But YMMV.
Right now it's the case for A3, but when the new SK earning chart kicks in then I don't think A3 will maintain the same earning for SK discounted Y tickets.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No sane pax would pay USD 1,200 for a ticket if a 60k miles/points award is available, even if it entails a USD 300 cash component.
Using 60,000 points on a $1,200 ticket is a value of 2¢ per mile. That's ok, but long haul J/F redemptions will easily net you 4-8¢ per mile and are usually the best bang for your buck you can get.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:15 pm

Is it right that taxes+fee, after the changes, on a single oneway award from HAN-BKK-ARN in Business class are only €60?

​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.