Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Award Chart have been changed over night to the worse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold

SAS have once again decided to do a EuroBonus change without any warning to the customers. During the night they have increased the amount of EuroBonus point needed to do buy a Star Alliance Award ticket. Here is the new/old award chart from Europe:

What is you opinion here on SAS continuing to do changes without warnings?

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 31, 2018 at 11:30 pm Reason: Remove blog link - insufficient info quoted here to justify it
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:28 am

Party is over. *sad smiley*
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:42 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
This is getting frustratingly annoying.
herro likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
In the Norwegian frequent flier group I am a member of, half the people are defending them.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:51 am

110k to 130k for *A biz TATL? It's a significant jump, but it's not unreasonable. A little warning would've been nice. I hope when they change the amounts of awards on their own hardware they give us more warning
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:07 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Changing award charts and point values vithout previous notice is the common strategy amongst most if not all airlines, from what I can remember.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:34 am

Im most curoius about why they dont start to offer PE-awards on *A. Many airlines got PE now
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Glad I just redeemed my Lufthansa F two weeks or so ago. 190K to 225K that's a very steep increase.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:39 am

On SAS Facebook page customer care answer on a qustion (in Swedish) that insted they will lower the taxes and fees on *A-awards. Any one that can confirm that? I dont trust that information
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by criced
On SAS Facebook page customer care answer on a qustion (in Swedish) that insted they will lower the taxes and fees on *A-awards. Any one that can confirm that? I dont trust that information
That’s BS IMHO. Eurobonus already has some of the lowest taxes and fees in the whole industry, capped at 120€ or so.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by criced
Can you post a link? I use the Facebook mobile website and can’t find it...
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:59 am

Found it. I think you misunderstood the Swedish reply from SAS customer service.
They way I understand it they’re saying the reason they increased the award cost is that, due to lower fuel prices, Star Alliance airlines can’t charge as much YQ as they used to, so the money has to come from somewhere else.
I guess what they really meant was that fuel prices have risen, while YQ hasn’t.
SAS social media staff is such a nightmare. Before my inner eye, I always see Scandinavian teenagers working there after school, instead of at the local gas station. That’s how little training they have.
criced likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:15 am

I belive you are more right then Facebook staff. If anyone make booking after the changes, please report the new cost of taxes. Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:20 am

They literally wrote that “due to lower fuel costs tickets paid for with money have become cheaper.”
How does that make any sense in this context?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:13 am

Yes, there is reports on the Swedish forum Businesclass.se that taxes and fees are lower now. One guy got up to €200 lower per person!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.